Next seasons position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaching a cup semi final should be another target (depending on the draw
You see, I think we need to get past this if we want to be successful. This season we went out of both cups to top opposition. We can't keep on using this as an excuse. We need to not just improve our results against the top 6, we need to have a different mind set against them.

Love him or hate him, under Martinez we never went into games against the top 6 with a negative attitude and we have to get that mind set back.

You see, I think we need to get past this if we want to be successful. This season we went out of both cups to top opposition. We can't keep on using this as an excuse. We need to not just improve our results against the top 6, we need to have a different mind set against them.

Love him or hate him, under Martinez we never went into games against the top 6 with a negative attitude and we have to get that mind set back.

I agree with that. It’s more I don’t think there’s any shame going out to good opposition- provided you put on a good display of course. I’m referring more to the times we’ve gone out early to poor opposition- Norwich in Koeman’s first season being a prime example.

Agree about the attitude though. No more “expected losses” this year. Planning our tactics appropriately for tougher opposition is fine, but the aim should always be to try and win the game.

I agree with that. It’s more I don’t think there’s any shame going out to good opposition- provided you put on a good display of course. I’m referring more to the times we’ve gone out early to poor opposition- Norwich in Koeman’s first season being a prime example.

Agree about the attitude though. No more “expected losses” this year. Planning our tactics appropriately for tougher opposition is fine, but the aim should always be to try and win the game.
I actually thought our best performance all season was the FA cup defeat to Liverpool. I believe Allardyce basically said to them go out and enjoy it lads as he's always seen the F A cup as getting in the way of a good relegation battle. Just shows a lot of it is to do with mindset.

I think we should go in to games against the 'Top 6' with a 'spoon to a gun fight' mentality.

All we need to do is take narrow defeats so as not to damage our goal difference too much, then go out for results against the rest of the league. We do that successfully, we're guaranteed at least 7th.

Not really too bothered about where we finish as next season is going to be more about starting again and rebuilding so the main thing i will be looking for is honesty, integrity and fearlessness from the Manager and enjoyable positive passionate football that steadily improves as we move forward. If that happens then we will probably finish in a decent position anyway as other than the top 6, the rest is pretty dire at the moment.

Simple question given the changes happening at the club where do we sensibly think we could finish (sensibly) and where would you be happy finishing.

If we get Marco Silva in, and judging the players we already have, I'd be happy with top 10.

We will become a laughing stock if we have a repeat of this season. Especially getting rid of Sam Allardyce, a decision that sill might cost us.

However. Brands will have a massive say on who becomes manager, and IMO Louis Van Gaal should be favourite if that is the case. If we get LVG in, then I'd be happy with 6th. Even with the players we have, Id expect it.

Also, I'd be happy if we finish anywhere, aslong we're not in a relegation scrap and actually win a cup for once!

6th. Silva will blow a semi. Do ok in the cups as well.
giphy.gif

Probably too early to call yet with no Manager or signings but I would hope, as a club, the target is top 6. With a view to year on year improvement until glory 21/22
Unless, as I suspect, we announce the best snide of all, Simeone.

Dont think so, dream on..
Just read through seems the ones that have given negative league positions were the ones who hinted Big Sam was staying, or doubted my ITK - which over a month ago I posted his contract would be ended at the end of the season!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.