Next seasons position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too early to say. I’ll say 5th or 6th, since some optimism has returned with the firing of Sam and Brands coming in.

Would take 7th with better football and giving some of the rich 6 a bloody nose at Goodison in the first season of a new manager, whilst hoping to win the domestic treble.

I don't think any Burnley fan thinks we will finish as high as 7th again, but maybe we'll have a good cup run - we are exempt until the last 32 in the League Cup.

Target should be first, of course.

I'm sure there's some saying about aiming for the stars; and landing on the moon, or something.

We should finish seventh but really Allardyce was sacked because his approach and ethos didn’t fit and the placing was mostly irrelevant.

It is reasonable and acceptable to me to sacrifice a place or two in the league as the short-term cost of bedding in a system and identity that suits us in the longer term and that can act as the foundation for progress and higher placings in seasons to come.

For me, I’d still like us to play every game to win, regardless of circumstances.

Outside of that, perhaps a 10 point gain on last season would be a reasonable aim, whilst playing in a progressive manner and emphasising the good things about football in the process.

I think we “should” be able to finish top half with progress in both cups. Ideally we should finish seventh with cup runs but it depends on what is done to get goals conceded down in particular - the whole back line needs restructuring and that is going to be difficult to accomplish in one season.

We shouldn't drop below 7th. Can't move backwards at all. Realistically I think 7th (maybe a good season will be top 6) but outside top 7 will be a poor season. Especially with a year for players to bed in and obvious funds available in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.