Next seasons position

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take a solid 7th with clear signs of improvement, an actual style, and some genuine entertainment. We need stability and signs that we've got a clue what we're doing. That would all be splendid.

We got some talented players, if the new manager can be tactically sound and bring the best out of them players, we’ll be best of the rest. Some on here saying Arsenal are in for a sticky season and we could finish above them????? They have a pretty solid starting base and with lacazette and Aubameyang, especially, will get at least 15-20 goals. City, Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and RS. We’re not finishing above any of them. 7th is as best we can hope for in my opinion. If we can do it with a bit of style and swagger, perhaps good players might see us as a decent place to play again and we can then build on that the following season. Things won’t change so dramatically in 1 season, it must be a 2-3 years improvement.

6th or 7th but breathing down the necks of the teams above us rather than looking over our shoulders at the teams behind us.

Playing some good footie, reaching a Final.

Hopefully similar to the 83/84 season and we all know what happened after that.

6th or 7th but breathing down the necks of the teams above us rather than looking over our shoulders at the teams behind us.

Playing some good footie, reaching a Final.

Hopefully similar to the 83/84 season and we all know what happened after that.
Let's win a final. If we get there, we have to try and win it. I'd take the league cup, anything to break our duck.

We need to try for 6th to make a statement at the very least. Breakup that sky top 6 orgy and turn it into a sky 7 because they can’t leave poor ol Arsenal out

A minimum of europa league qualification, and we truly should be shooting for 6th. If we have finally learned from our mistakes and are making progress, that means our DOF is better than it was, our manager is better than it was, and our players will be better than they were. This past season left us 1 loss to Burnley away from Europa league and 7th. More importantly, I think Arsenal, Tottenham, and possibly Liverpool find themselves in precarious positions and could falter this coming season.

Arsenal because they faltered last season, have been falling down the table in recent years, and now will have a new manager and a lot of unknowns. Tottenham because they have been punching above their weight for some time, and the massive expensive of their new stadium may force some sales and squad changes. Liverpool because Mo Salah had one of the most amazing seasons ever, and they could still only manage 4th. If someone like Barcelona comes along and buys him up this summer, Liverpool will have a mountain of cash, but will not be able to replace his talent level. He scored an inordinate number of their goals, much like Suarez did in his last year there, and the next year they finished 8th.

If we get the manager and recruitment right this summer, we’ve got to be aiming to challenge the top 6.

If Arsenal appoint Arteta and don’t have a lot of money to spend (as is reported) then they’ll be there for the taking.

Last season was completely wasted. We need to really start kicking on next season before the big boys start pulling away even further.

With the same squad, we probably finish 7th. RonKo played without any style, Rhino was clueless and Allardyce persisted with what wasn't working.

To me, I'm happy to finish 6th/7th. So long as we reintroduce ourselves as a team with a particular style and good on the eye. Goodison must become a stronghold and we need to take cups seriously (have some good cup runs).

Status
Not open for further replies.