Next seasons position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think before I made a prediction would have to see who the new manager is, what players have been released and most important what players have been signed.

With our budget - and money is typically relevant to final positioning - the base line minimum (and maximum) is 7th. Which is why I can't understand why so many of the media overstated what Allardyce had achieved. He achieved, with that set of players, minimum / below par (given we were so close to Burnley at one point).

Doggy style; bending over and taking it from behind against all the 'big' clubs and in every away game.

7th. We’re the 7th best team. We were 14 points clear under Koeman. Last season was as bad as it gets, we had three managers, no striker until Feburary, no pace and half a back four for most of it... and we still finished 8th. Not to mention Burnley had the season of their lives whilst all of that was going on here.

This league has the top six, us and then 13 cloggers with about one good player each. No new Everton manager at this point should finish lower than 7th even if we are rebuilding. 7th is our base position. With no Europe this year we should be making a real go of the cups too.

7th or 8th would do me. As long as we're closer to the top six this and push on again. Also a Derby win, or two wouldn't go amiss.

If you aren't aiming to win any competition what's the point of taking part?
Realistically it's another transition season so I would be happy to achieve 7th with evidence of continuing improvement and hope for the future.

I agree. It is all we can ask with the emphasis on the visible 'continuing Improvement'. If we see it we have hope.

..I remember this question being asked this time last season. It’s ridiculous to speculate until you can see the transfer incomings and outgoings in the next few months, and even then it takes 10 league games for things to settle down.

I haven’t got a clue where we’ll finish up but sometimes things get worst before they get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.