Next seasons position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember lads we have no European football, that will give the squad a breather from time to time, I would be content with 7th and a decent cup run. Arsenal are looking vulnerable, I think they are the weakest top 6 side, which is baffling really when you look at their squad.

Remember lads we have no European football, that will give the squad a breather from time to time, I would be content with 7th and a decent cup run. Arsenal are looking vulnerable, I think they are the weakest top 6 side, which is baffling really when you look at their squad.
Arsenal are going to be a complete unknown quantity this season though, arguably for the first time in nearly a quarter of a century.

We didn't have any European 'football' last season mate.

Realistically 7th, unless someone like Arsenal or Spurs have a mare.

But I also want us to massively close the gap on the top 6, both in terms of points and, more importantly, performance. Especially in our head to heads. I also want to see decent cup runs in both domestic competitions.

Choosing a position is a little hard as we can’t account for what this season’s top 6 will do. I’d prefer to say 60-70 points as a minimum, winning at least 50% of our matches as a target. Reaching a cup semi final should be another target (depending on the draw). But more than anything the aim should simply be to develop a style of play that will actually mean we’re all looking forward to match days.

The top 6 of this year will do their thing- I’d say realistically we could only usurp arsenal there. But as long as we’re jn a position to capitalise of any of them do have a terrible season then I’d be happy.

There is no quick fix, we've been abysmal for years really.

Looking at it optimistically, with the right managerial appointment and some good signings, I think 6th is possible. Arsenal will be a bit hit and miss for a season or two, like Utd were after Fergie left, and we were (and still are) after Moyes left.

But realistically, I think 7th is about where we'll be, hopefully playing better football and getting some good results against the 'Top 6'. I'd also be happy with that, especially if we're closer to 6th than we are to 8th points-wise.

Depends not only on what we do but also the teams above us, next season I could see, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Burnley struggling. Arsenal because they will have a new manager (possibly Arteta) with no experience, Chelsea because they are changing their manager, could be brilliant, could be a disaster, Spurs could lose their manager and lots of sides are targeting their players because they don't pay top wages. Burnley because they have Europe to contend with and new expectations.

If Those 4 have a bad start and we have a good start, that momentum could take us into the top 4, then its about staying there for the course of the season, not easy, but it can be done.

Realistically this season we drew 10 and lost 15, if we could get it so we drew 5 and lost 10 we would be 25 points better off and would put us on 74 points, which would have us 5th, which would be a massive improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.