Should Moyes be in charge for the last two games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Can you fill me in please?

I wasn't aware he had signed and sealed and done PR with a rival whilst still staying on to manage his current team...

Mourinho had already signed for Real by the time he lead Inter out on the Champions League final. He was off and everyone knew.

Hes basically done the same with Real to Chelsea, which the biggest non secret in the game.

The feller was/is still in charge of those teams in big games while one foot firmly out of the door.

Like I said, he's done it a different way. Bit snide, hinted rather than be open even though it's been done, upset most at the club.

Moyes etc have just been honest and open.

Goes back to my original point, if Moyes had done a Mourinho and it was kept quiet even though he's out the door in these last two games but we didn't know... Would people be upset knowing after the fact or not?

That to me is way worse than just announcing it when it happens. We deserve more than that.
 
Last edited:
Its weird I think the same about you.
We are Everton!!!! and we have class. We don't turn our back on our own. If Moyes is our manager for 2 more weeks then I will support him for 2 more weeks.
People started saying they wanted him instantly gone, then a round of applause when he returns as a United manager... WHAT??? WE ARE EVERTON.. not some little club that applauds rival managers.
Support the manager until he is gone, not after he leaves.. he hasn't, not till the summer and that's when I stop supporting him. Until then all the conspiracies and insults in the world won't stop me supporting the manager, the team and the club.
I am sad you think that turning your back on him and stopping him finishing the job is more dignified than showing your appreciation for the final 2 weeks before he becomes the enemy.
I am sorry we don't agree, but for me, its you that doesn't get it. Everton to me are better than that and we will see how good we are as fans on Sunday when he gets his Goodison farewell.

He's left you blockhead.

The idea him hanging round for 2 more games does nothing more than make us look like idiots is of course lost in the dispassionate view of EFC - christ no wonder GP has mostly been like a graveyard with leathers like you around.

Get a few books out and read about the greatness of this club - educate yourself.

Like talking to the wall with fellas like you, do you still believe Moyes is waiting to see how things are after the season ends in the summer ?

No idea about being an evertonian if you endorse a manager behaving like this as others have said it's this sort of yellow streak that's seen Kenwright prosper - we deffo get the club we deserve.
 
The vast majority rightly think that Moyes deserves a send off tomorrow. The split is over whether he should be allowed take charge of first team affairs after confirming he has agreed to be Man U manager and also spoken on behalf of United via website statement. The normal situation would have been that he would have been asked to step aside to let Round etc take charge of last two games as we have to look forward and also we are Everton FC and the most important person at Everton FC must be 100% loyal and act only in Everton FC's best interests. David Moyes cannot now do that. At the end of the day the fault lies with Kenwright who had the opportunity to ask him to step aside which Moyes confirmed he didn't. In fact the total opposite. He's let his personal relationship with Moyes cloud his judgement in what is best for Everton. Very sad.
 
Don't you think if he never gave 100% or had his heart in the club that he would of lasted 11 years. Surely he would of been sussed out. Also calling Alex ferguson a C**t wouldn't of help his cause if he was just biding his time.
He had a professional attitude for sure and that kept EFC in the top half. His heart WAS NOT in the club it was always 30 miles away from day one. A number of times in the past 11 years Kenright could have signed a replacement when the team was riding high. Moyes when joining Everton was told a new high revenue generating stadium was on the way, and after greater funds will be available for players. OK, planning and the 2008 crash scuppered that for now. If EFC had an Emirates then he would have been top 4 and most prob stayed and then his heart would be in the club. Also the stadium should have been sewn well up before the crash. But nothing was happening, except the new training facilities - and that was more a financial deal as the land in West Derby was worth more than GP itself.
 
The vast majority rightly think that Moyes deserves a send off tomorrow. The split is over whether he should be allowed take charge of first team affairs after confirming he has agreed to be Man U manager and also spoken on behalf of United via website statement. The normal situation would have been that he would have been asked to step aside to let Round etc take charge of last two games as we have to look forward and also we are Everton FC and the most important person at Everton FC must be 100% loyal and act only in Everton FC's best interests. David Moyes cannot now do that. At the end of the day the fault lies with Kenwright who had the opportunity to ask him to step aside which Moyes confirmed he didn't. In fact the total opposite. He's let his personal relationship with Moyes cloud his judgement in what is best for Everton. Very sad.
With a lot of managers, I'd agree with you, but David Moyes - both from what I've seen and from what everyone who knows or deals with him says - is 100% professional, and I have no doubt that he will give his all to have us win the next 2 games.

If we were competing with Utd for league placing then I'd also agree, but we're not, so he is in a position where he CAN have Everton's best interests at heart for the next week.
 
Mate, I DO see it. I recognize along with most Everton fans that in this media-driven age Sunday will be all about David Moyes and not so much about Everton FC. But it is more dignified to show him the appreciation he deserves for his work here over a long period than to throw a hissy fit about our club EFC not being the centre of attention on the day.

I have been following us since Bally was dominating our midfield. I don't know what age you are but for you to suggest that people with a similar viewpoint to mine are a product of "Bill Kenwright's legacy" is beyond the pale. We KNOW the high standards expected a from this club, but just because we live in real world of EFC 2013 doesn't mean that we "cannot see it", as you put it. You are effectively laying the blame for our current position on your fellow supporters instead of the board who are the people responsible.

You seem to think that people with your viewpoint have a monopoly on feeling the pain of us playing second fiddle to United over this whole business. Well you don't. It's the world that we live in today. Get used to it until we find the owners to take us back to where we belong.

In 9 days time Moyes will be part of the history of Everton. Then we can (hopefully) look forward to the next chapter in our long history. In the meantime show some respect for the name of Everton FC.

COYB

That's a bit dramatic. Aside from the refusal to read what I posted in the correct context, you have chosen to respond on the back of it. Kenwright's legacy is a divided fanbase, has been since the concept of DK was first raised. The appreciation can and should be shown, it's the way we do things, with dignity and class by tradition, but the club comes first, I'll repeat it again, he can sit in the director's box next to best bud Bill and take 90 minutes of applause if that's what counts, jeez, I'll be happy for him to stay in the title of Everton manager, but for impressions, perception and club standing, he should be relieved of game responsibilities and that given to Round or Sheedy or whoever. He shouldn't be in the dugout, especially after his post on the MUFC website. As for a monopoly of pain, well, I stopped feeling the agony of an Evertonian more and more as I got older, and hopefully wiser. Things take a greater precedence in life and coupled with Bill's tenure, and ironically, lack of support to a very good manager, made me care less and less. However, having been following the club since 63, my family go all the way back to St Domingo FC, I'm actually from St Domingo rd, doesn't fossilise me and separate me from the 'real world' as you put it, that would mean we are victims of circumstances we cannot control, but, and you should know this being the expert you profess, recent history has shown that the majority of constraints upon Everton FC maintaining it's standing in football have been avoidable, avoidable by means of good practice and professionalism, and in these circumstances we are continuing to allow others to dictate our standing. Do you not thin enough is enough? Do you think by allowing just one more event it won't matter? Do you not think it doesn't add to the catalogue of mishaps that have been allowed to affect the reputation of this club? Don't you ever in the name of all that is f*cking holy tell me to show some respect for my club, all our club, and I will state this quite categorically without question, that your attitude is what I am actually trying to protect this club from. Lie down, let the heritage of this club seep out bit by bit, but don't for one moment think that people 'like me', as you put it, will not fight to stop the 'likes of you'. Best if we leave it at that.
 
Well said Magicjuan. Some just don't get why respect must ge first and foremost for the club and the varying parts of it follow from that. Scares me to be honest.
 
He had a professional attitude for sure and that kept EFC in the top half. His heart WAS NOT in the club it was always 30 miles away from day one.

I wouldn't be that drastic but I do believe he has had the United job as his goal all along. It has been whispered about since 2004 and there has always been a far too cosy relationship between the 2 clubs.

There are lots of instances, Gibson for a very nominal fee when United reject a 5 million pound bid from Sunderland was a bit iffy for a start. All season I have heard murmers of Moyes going and Martinez coming.

Phil Neville playing an absolute horror against Wigan and then retiring at half time? (We should be in the final today). Worst performance in years with arguably our strongest squad under Moyes. Never sat right with me, especially when we battered Man City the weekend after.

I just hope whoever comes in next sees Everton as being the best and not some 'overachieving' bit part player.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Threads

Welcome

Join the Everton conversation today.
Fewer ads, full access, completely free.

🛒 Visit Shop

Support Grand Old Team by checking out our latest Everton gear!
Back
Top