George Green 15 year old prodigy signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big gamble yes.

£300k's not that much of a gamble seeing as he'll be worth a fair amount of that even if he's sh*te and if he's good enough we'll make a profit of at least a few million and will have the benefit of having a good player on the books for a year or two. I'd like to see a few more of this type of deal in the future.

Apparently he wrote 'An Essay on the Application of Mathematical Analysis to the Theories of Electricity and Magnetism', which confirms he's here for potential.

I hope this Green lad is the shiz, but even if he is, he won't stay at Everton and if he's another Scott Spencer than that's £300k wasted

Oh come on now mate. £300k is about £5k per week on top of any players wage. In the scheme of things it's diddley even for a 'skint' club like us. Even if he turns out to be bobbins it's not a 'waste', nor even really a gamble at that price when you learn that no less than 17 clubs were circling, including Bayern Munich. We just made a couple of mill on Beckford in less than a year. You have to speculate and back your hunches to get the young talent in. Manu paid £12m for a largely unknown 18 yr old forward called Ronaldo. Arsenal paid similar for a 17yr old Theo Walcott. There's many more like that in the prem - if we have the ambition to challenge the top 6, given our budget, this strategy is a no-brainer.

Last edited:

Do they compare him to Gascoigne coz he's dead good at footie or is he a fat little mad pishead?

Sounds like a good deal really

It was telling that in the talksport interview david moyes did last week (that someone linked), he said something along the lines of, "the big clubs are stacked full of players, we don't have that at everton, if a young player comes here, you know he's going to get a chance."

I thought it stood out and was significant at the time, makes me think this young lads signing was on the cards then.

For the record, I think Everton is one of the best places for a young lad to try and make a name for himself.

More like it means are squads paper thin and someone's always injured :O

Apparently he wrote 'An Essay on the Application of Mathematical Analysis to the Theories of Electricity and Magnetism', which confirms he's here for potential.

Lol, think that's a bit too clever for some ppl! :p

word is that old wobbly head is trying to steal him. Can't stand that droopy faced cnut. He's just a poor mans venables, and he was a cock too

Status
Not open for further replies.