George Green 15 year old prodigy signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing we know about this kid is he's not soft. Everton is the club to come to for a lad like him. Hopefully in two or three years we'll see him grace the turf at the old lady as yet another academy produced star.

You only need to look at something like the Super Bowl to see how much more competitive league systems like the NFL are. In the 10 year period from 2001 to 2010 six different teams won the trophy. Imagine if the PL was like that.

Good news for the club, exactly what they should be doing.

Yep. Build him up and if he makes it give him a long contract.. If you UTD come in with a 20mill bid then it's a 18mill profit at least!.. This crazy spending wont last forever

You only need to look at something like the Super Bowl to see how much more competitive league systems like the NFL are. In the 10 year period from 2001 to 2010 six different teams won the trophy. Imagine if the PL was like that.

It would make it better for the neutral and the neighbourhood fan. Mass riches have soured the game beyond recoginition. I have been noticing high scores lately in the prem as getting to be commonplace for the wealthy clubs over the next tier. Something in the near future will have to be implemented as sky high salaries are either going to bankrupt some clubs or at least severly disable the competitive level to perhaps a top six.

This is the only way forward for us. Some will make it, others won't. We just need enough to make it through to have a positive impact on the first team and/or get sold for a profit. This is our fate.

This is the only way forward for us. Some will make it, others won't. We just need enough to make it through to have a positive impact on the first team and/or get sold for a profit. This is our fate.

At the very moment it is. But with our business with the Banks have demanded we look to the future and gamble while money is tight. I like what we have available coming through the ranks and being know as having a great academy. This has really been a great selling point for these kids with ambition.

£300,000 up front. Then further bonuses for appearances, new contracts, potential international appearances and a sell-on clause from any future transfer fee.

We well may be able to recoup a most of the paltry sum if he doesn't make it through, but I'm sure he'll be ace for us. I don't see how people moan about this already. Next year he would've most likely been multiple times more expensive and at 17 out of our budget range if he'll be any good.

If this lad is that good he could be making appearances towards the end of this season and next pre-season as he's nearly 16

He's either absolutely sensational, or the club have officially lost the plot.

We'll see in the next two or three years I guess!

He's either absolutely sensational, or the club have officially lost the plot.

We'll see in the next two or three years I guess!

If he's gash, we won't end up paying anywhere near 2 mill. If he's the real deal as is indicated, then it's great business.

We well may be able to recoup a most of the paltry sum if he doesn't make it through, but I'm sure he'll be ace for us. I don't see how people moan about this already. Next year he would've most likely been multiple times more expensive and at 17 out of our budget range if he'll be any good.

A big gamble yes. But your right we can't sit on our hands. The academy lads will be our hope in the years to come until new revenue rules take place that bring a little parity to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.