2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be great in a strike partnership, whoever he was up top with would score 20 goals+. Shame front 2s are defunct
Yeah he'd of been a perfect partner for one of the old style poachers. Maybe a more mobile Number 10 like Rooney was in his younger days?

Not when he first came into the side nor was he played on the wing either.........
Well, in a way, the comparison is moot as Sharp played with a strike partner.

No way DCL is going to become a potent striker nevermind a sharp level attacker.

We play a lot of long balls against the better teams and DCL impresses with workrate running channels and any lost cause.

The games he has to rack the goals up in are against lesser clubs when we have to play through teams. For me he just doesn't possess intelligent movement for those occasions.

I'm not having a go at him because he IS doing his best and he's doing ok. But he cant be our striker next season. If he is we've failed in the transfer market.

No way DCL is going to become a potent striker nevermind a sharp level attacker.

We play a lot of long balls against the better teams and DCL impresses with workrate running channels and any lost cause.

The games he has to rack the goals up in are against lesser clubs when we have to play through teams. For me he just doesn't possess intelligent movement for those occasions.

I'm not having a go at him because he IS doing his best and he's doing ok. But he cant be our striker next season. If he is we've failed in the transfer market.
He is now playing in a system where we have beaten 2 top 6 teams, and you want to splash out on another Tosun as the bigger clubs will get the cream !
This is the best we have played for an age like it or not he is a great target no 9 with pace..

Impressive today. Credit to him
A while back I slagged him off but the highlights showed him putting the effort in today

He is now playing in a system where we have beaten 2 top 6 teams, and you want to splash out on another Tosun as the bigger clubs will get the cream !
This is the best we have played for an age like it or not he is a great target no 9 with pace..

No not tosun joey, a decent striker and Silva will get one

Reminds me of the job Marcus Bent did for us.

Great #9s score goals. Dom is doing a job and doing it well but we still need an upgrade. He’s improving but can’t be counted on for goals yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.