2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it macca,but since that derby game when he was up against dik van dijk he has come on leaps and bounds and taken a lot of confidence from his performance that day.

Yep he's done everything we could ask of him since Cardiff away and with a little more composure he would have had a few more goals. I was happy to hear that he was critical of himself in this regard before the game as that's been my main gripe with him as in I had the feeling he sometimes avoided getting into positions to score for fear if missing the chance. I call this the Niasse effect

That is the thing Joey....players have to be in the position to have a chance many a time. I am sure DCL will carry on progressing to enable himself to be in the right places at the right time.
It's a bit hard when he's doing all the work as a solo striker.
The thing is though since he has been played at no 9 he and the team looks so balanced!

He's improved about 300% this season and it's a pleasure to watch him flourish as our current first choice striker in a winning side. He's got his head screwed on and if he keeps working hard he'll almost certainly be given a new contract to reward his work and get him to pledge his future to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.