2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strikers are there to score ultimately. Thats what they're employed to do.

Sounds harsh, but in a decent Everton team he'll be on the bench waiting to come on and chase down balls when we're defending a lead.

That's where we have to be as a club.

I agree totally with this. At the minute he us our best striker but that is a club battling for 7th if we want to be considered a proper challenger he either needs to find more goals or he is going to have to be content with playing 2nd fiddle to someone who can.

Outstanding again today. I have no doubts that he he will be our starting centre forward next season.
Likewise I have no doubt that he will be successful.

Outstanding again today. I have no doubts that he he will be our starting centre forward next season.
Likewise I have no doubt that he will be successful.
Just hasn't got the in-the-box instinct.

What use is having a best striker who does his best work outside the box?

Sounds harsh, but in a decent Everton team he'll be on the bench waiting to come on and chase down balls when we're defending a lead.

Bin, matches, rag dipped in petrol.

The boy was superb today dave, yeah he lacks the little extra that separates the big players, but hes 22 years old and improving weekly for me.

Hes not there yet and we defo need SEB HALLER or somebody else, but im very impressed with the boy.
I like his attitude and he's not a bad player.

It'd be so Everton to think he's the answer though.

Howard Kendall would have said: "well done son, now go and sit on that bench and watch and learn from the best finishers".

Howard Kendall would have said: "well done son, now go and sit on that bench and watch and learn from the best finishers".

Brands will have him in his office with the xG all over the desk Dave.

He's really found his rhythm in the past 5/6 games. Add more goals to his game and he'll be a great player. A proper battling forward and most defenders are scared of playing like that these days - look at Arsenal's defence against him today.. it was embarrassing to watch.

By all means he's not the finished products and we should be shifting the likes of Cenk and Niasse asap to get someone with experience and quality up top. As a second option he's brilliant until he comes of age and can score enough to be our first pick.

Disagree, Kendall would have had the patience to allow him to develop into the top player he can become. Just as he did with most of his team while many of us were baying for their collective heads on a pike.

Disagree, Kendall would have had the patience to allow him to develop into the top player he can become. Just as he did with most of his team while many of us were baying for their collective heads on a pike.
He'd have gone for some experienced finisher to settle things in - as per Gray.

SHane long has made a career of not scoring goals. Not saying he is what we need but it is the rest of the work he does that managers like. DCL creates space for all our other players who actually were all guilty of missing their opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.