2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real industrious, committed performance that deserves a lot of praise for what he brings to the team. Unfortunately he never really looked like scoring again. I like the lad but not sure I'd want him as no.1 striker going into next season.

Love this lad but sorry we can't have him starting up front for us next season if we want to move on the up, We need someone a bit better in the poaching area.
We bought him for 1.5 mil and he's proving to be a damn good signing but I don't think he's good enough to lead the lines as our primary striker we can probably get an upgraded version from overseas who puts it in the net.

Love this lad but sorry we can't have him starting up front for us next season if we want to move on the up, We need someone a bit better in the poaching area.
We bought him for 1.5 mil and he's proving to be a damn good signing but I don't think he's good enough to lead the lines as our primary striker we can probably get an upgraded version from overseas who puts it in the net.
Yeah he was a 'punt' I would say by moyes, however he has been brilliant the last few games, just missing that goal, but his hard work and hold up play brings others in to the game.

Am I the only one who sees this lad as an important part of this mini revival? Him up front, on his, occupies their defence, well, some of it. That creates space. Which other players have fluffed their lines recently.

Folk say he doesnt score enough. But I struggle to recall many that he has missed. Is he the bestist striker ever? No. But for some reason, he has become important to us.

Credit where credit is due. He isnt my favourite player but Playing better recently. Actually played very well today. Dont think he will ever score enough goals tho. But well done today.

Am I the only one who sees this lad as an important part of this mini revival? Him up front, on his, occupies their defence, well, some of it. That creates space. Which other players have fluffed their lines recently.

Folk say he doesnt score enough. But I struggle to recall many that he has missed. Is he the bestist striker ever? No. But for some reason, he has become important to us.
Agree. His work rate and determination is causing problems for teams, defenders making mistakes and being pressured. All leads to the team effort and time/space for another player

He doesn’t score enough atm. No reason why he can’t improve on that next season though. Need to bring in another good one in the summer regardless. Always good to have a Heskyish presence available though. Hopefully he can go beyond that

All three of Arsenals centrehalfs booked, he gave them an awfully hard day today. Tired of saying it at this stage but he's gonna be a beast. When he puts on a little more muscle defenders will be bouncing off him.

Hard to fault him today. Have never been his biggest fan, but he was a proper handful today - the Arsenal defenders were terrified of him.

On paper, he’s got the attributes to come good - big, strong, quick, good leap, decent touch, can hold it up well. The question is always gonna be ‘can he start slotting regularly?’

Get a new striker in the summer, but would be good if DCL could be an understudy as his all-round improvement in the last couple of months is encouraging.

All three of Arsenals centrehalfs booked, he gave them an awfully hard day today. Tired of saying it at this stage but he's gonna be a beast. When he puts on a little more muscle defenders will be bouncing off him.
I can go along with that, he's still only 22 as well. Agreed next season is a big one for him

Status
Not open for further replies.