2017/18 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.

This lad is class has it all, we have a terrific player on our hands.
Some of you must see a different game to me, thought he was totally ineffective like he has been in the other games. Him, Kenny, Davies and Calvert Lewin made it look like men against boys today..

Looked ace for the first 15 to 20 minutes, was picking passes into space and quietly making things happen, but struggled to find a role a bit when we were massively under the cosh. He looks pure class though. I've seen him play at youth level quite a few times and, to be honest, he looks more at home at first team level than he did at the lower levels.

Obviously today our hand was forced with Gana's injury, but I'd be tempted to play him when we're expecting more of the ball and I'd be less inclined to pick him in a "backs to the wall" kind of fixture.

He kept Hazard fairly quiet and didn’t look overawed with that responsibility. Really don’t think he’s done an awful lot wrong when he’s played.

Why does this lad not get the hype of the other young players?

Very rare to have a young midfielder come through and know exactly what they want to do and what sort of player they want to be. He's come straight in and not looked slightly phased despite being dropped into the worst Everton in PL history in place of a 28 million pussyhole at 19 years of age

Absolutely fearless, he's got the discipline to sit back all game, unbelievable in the tackle and he doesn't piss around too much on the ball but keeps it ticking over and is always on for a pass

Big fan of you Beni boi

Looked ace for the first 15 to 20 minutes, was picking passes into space and quietly making things happen, but struggled to find a role a bit when we were massively under the cosh. He looks pure class though. I've seen him play at youth level quite a few times and, to be honest, he looks more at home at first team level than he did at the lower levels.

Obviously today our hand was forced with Gana's injury, but I'd be tempted to play him when we're expecting more of the ball and I'd be less inclined to pick him in a "backs to the wall" kind of fixture.
Yep, I agree with your comment that he looks more at home at 1st team level. At U23s his first touch often let’s him down , and as space is tighter he can lose the ball, whereas he will often get more space in the 1st team. Conversely, while his first touch may get away from him he often uses his feet to turn and twist away from opponents and still has the ball.
I think he’s ideal for a backs-to-the-wall situation though. He’s disciplined , plays where he’s told to play and rarely goes to far up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.