2017/18 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy should be in the squad well ahead of Davies. His composure is a different level and he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, recklessly throwing himself into tackles. Davies really needs to be dropped until he learns to control himself a bit more. He is a red card waiting to happen, and doesn't really add much when he is on.
Living off that goal against badly out of form City side last season

Reactions: FTY
Would like to see him play more often, certainly looks like a quality player. Still a kid though so lets not hype him up too much.

This guy should be in the squad well ahead of Davies. His composure is a different level and he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, recklessly throwing himself into tackles. Davies really needs to be dropped until he learns to control himself a bit more. He is a red card waiting to happen, and doesn't really add much when he is on.
Davies is utter GASH.

Living off that goal against badly out of form City side last season

Seriously, some of our chaps on here should put a bit of thought into their posts.

Or at the very least, do a bit of fact checking before making sweeping statements like that.

So I checked this out.

In the month leading up to the game with us, City played five league games.

They won four of them, a defeat at The Pit being the only blemish.

Their last match before coming to Goodison that day was an F.A. Cup tie at Hammers.....they won 5-0.

And that’s not all.

In the five league games they played after that match they won four and drew one.....against Spurs.

In short......we played City smack in the middle of an eleven match league sequence.

In the other ten games they won 8, drew 1 and lost 1 :Blink:

If that is being “badly out of form” then I am a Dutchman :p

Being packed off like Stones and Barkley. Why do we even bother developing kids just for the fume-merchants to chase them out.

Honestly. Stones dallied on the ball in his own 6 yard box once v Spurs. Fans shouted at him to get rid of it. He won a very soft free kick.

That was the extent of fans ‘hounding out’ Stones. Otherwise he got nothing but love and support. He wanted to leave to play in the Champions League for buckets full of money.

It’s a similar story with Ross.

Get real.

Davies provided genuine vertical movement, even when he isn't playing well. From what I've seen Beni is just a carbon copy of Gana who even carbon-copied his positions. Forget how many times I wished he was marking someone else / tracking another player instead of trying to mark some spectre behind Gana.

Beni would be a better player in a more advanced position - I would try him in the hole - than trying to play him deep.

Absolutely does my head in mate. When I saw the team, which had a decent amount of senior appearances between them, the fact that we still got blitzed is a joke. We just can't seem to avoid getting embarrassed by them lot at any level.

Even last season when we won the under 23s league we still managed to lose the last game at home to them. It'd be funny if it wasn't proper tragic. As a club we just cower in fear before them.

Davies provided genuine vertical movement, even when he isn't playing well. From what I've seen Beni is just a carbon copy of Gana who even carbon-copied his positions. Forget how many times I wished he was marking someone else / tracking another player instead of trying to mark some spectre behind Gana.

Beni would be a better player in a more advanced position - I would try him in the hole - than trying to play him deep.
Why?

Honestly, explain why. He's a tackling midfielder, who's not shown anything to even hint at being a creative force, why would you play him there? Just to shout at him when he doesn't do good?

Same with people saying "play Barkley deeper" - why, he's got literally the opposite set of skills ffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.