2017/18 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beni is not a central mid and is not the same type of player as Davies. His best position, the position he’s played the most in, is just in front of the back four alongside another defensive mid, preferably someone who will get forward more than Beni does. Gueye is probably his best partner on that basis, for me he’s a Schneiderlin replacement and I wouldn’t have them both in the same side. Similarly he doesn’t play well with Besic, and although we were gubbed by the RS at U23s , Beni I thought was our best player.
His exposure in first team games has been refreshing and he's come on in leaps and bounds , but still only 19 and with a lot to learn. There’s a lot wrong with our whole team at the moment but if we can fix a few things defensively then he has shown potential to hold down a future spot, particularly if we decide on a more attacking formation at home and only go with one DFM.

Beni is not a central mid and is not the same type of player as Davies. His best position, the position he’s played the most in, is just in front of the back four alongside another defensive mid, preferably someone who will get forward more than Beni does. Gueye is probably his best partner on that basis, for me he’s a Schneiderlin replacement and I wouldn’t have them both in the same side. Similarly he doesn’t play well with Besic, and although we were gubbed by the RS at U23s , Beni I thought was our best player.
His exposure in first team games has been refreshing and he's come on in leaps and bounds , but still only 19 and with a lot to learn. There’s a lot wrong with our whole team at the moment but if we can fix a few things defensively then he has shown potential to hold down a future spot, particularly if we decide on a more attacking formation at home and only go with one DFM.

Stats could lie, but this is definitely not something I would expect for someone who is supposed to be sitting in front of the defense.

FDA2U2d.png

This is not too convincing either.

O9p8jnl.png

He may run back for the last-ditch tackle, but he clearly doesn't want to be the deepest midfielder when in possession, and would naturally press the opposing midfield.

I would say he is not a natural holding midfielder. He is certainly a defensive-minded player, but his position is much higher than what the term "defensive midfielder" would suggest.

Stats could lie, but this is definitely not something I would expect for someone who is supposed to be sitting in front of the defense.

FDA2U2d.png

This is not too convincing either.

O9p8jnl.png

He may run back for the last-ditch tackle, but he clearly doesn't want to be the deepest midfielder when in possession, and would naturally press the opposing midfield.

I would say he is not a natural holding midfielder. He is certainly a defensive-minded player, but his position is much higher than what the term "defensive midfielder" would suggest.
To be honest I’m not sure what those stats show as I can’t tell where our defensive line is, or if anyone is playing behind him. People on GOT watch the same match and still disagree on how and where someone played , all I can say is that when I’ve watched Beni playing for the u18/U23s etc whoever he’s played with and whether in a two or a three in midfield he’s been the most deep lieing player. That’s his strength and he allows more attack minded players to go forward. He’s also always looked comfortable carrying the ball forward from a deep position , rarely hits 40 yard passes and for me he’s a defensive midfielder , as opposed say to a central mid or an attacking mid , all I can go on is what I’ve seen if you disagree fair enough.

Can ppl stop calling NSNO_Phil_1878 Phil please. It's getting quite disconcerting when I read these threads... :eek: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.