2017/18 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least that answers the What Does Duncan Do? question. In all seriousness though, he's worked with Tosun and Lukaku so hopefully some of the ol' Ferguson magic will rub off on Beni. I hope he gets more time next season.
My concern for Beni, Davies , Kenny and to a certain extent Holgate is who has been doing the one to one coaching when they move up to train with the first team. All these youngsters have weaknesses that need working on individually, but 1st team training would I guess be focussed on team patterns, team tactics etc. You have to say Beni does what he does very well for a 19 year old, but overall his game is limited and needs expanding. Even at U23s level he seemed to get nose bleeds on the few occasions he ventured over the half way line, then he’d surprise you like with a well taken goal against Chelsea’s U23s.

My concern for Beni, Davies , Kenny and to a certain extent Holgate is who has been doing the one to one coaching when they move up to train with the first team. All these youngsters have weaknesses that need working on individually, but 1st team training would I guess be focussed on team patterns, team tactics etc. You have to say Beni does what he does very well for a 19 year old, but overall his game is limited and needs expanding. Even at U23s level he seemed to get nose bleeds on the few occasions he ventured over the half way line, then he’d surprise you like with a well taken goal against Chelsea’s U23s.
Add DCL, Lookman and Vlasic to that mate. I've said this a frw times now. Personally I'd have some of the seniors working with them. They get paid enough and it will give them an insight into coaching. Joking apart, imagine the experience Rooney could pass on to DCL

Add DCL, Lookman and Vlasic to that mate. I've said this a frw times now. Personally I'd have some of the seniors working with them. They get paid enough and it will give them an insight into coaching. Joking apart, imagine the experience Rooney could pass on to DCL
Id rather not have Rooney teach our young players how to leave the club, score against us and kiss the manure badge.

Id rather not have Rooney teach our young players how to leave the club, score against us and kiss the manure badge.
Wouldn't you like him to pass on some of the traits that made him a world class footballer for 10 years?.

I think it’s a little far-fetched to think the young players aren’t learning off the experienced pros in training haha.

I think it’s a little far-fetched to think the young players aren’t learning off the experienced pros in training haha.
No one said that. Just being around experienced pros they should be picking up on things. I'm talking about individual one on one training to work on identified weak areas. I'm pretty certain that isnt happening.

Anyway, I'm glad my post amused you.

You want to see my FitBit to know how untrue that is. However, Bank Holiday weekend.

On topic - start him tomorrow, what’s the worst that can happen?
I don 't even know what FitBit is mate. Is it like the fit birds thread? Anyway, best of luck with your endeavours over the weekend.

Beni. I'd have been giving him the odd start since the beginning of the year. Davies needs taking out of the firing line, there's been plenty of times we've needed more legs than Rooney can provide, and whilst Morgan has managed to improve his game of late, he was awful (and that's being kind) for weeks before hand and still getting starts.

Will he play tomorrow. Very much doubt it. Not expecting many changes to the team. maybe Bolasie coming back in for Vlasic and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.