2017/18 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is Mark it’s so hard coming into the centre of the park off the cuff against Chelsea like that. The game can pass far more mature footballers by in the same situation, if you know what I mean? Felt a bit sorry for him because it was like he was chasing his tail at times. Still a good prospect though, can only learn from this.
Oh yeah, I like the kid, not slagging him off, but we were desperate for someone who can carry the ball and get forward. We started off the second half Ok, but once they realised we carried zero threat and Sandro/DCL would be completely isolated, Chelsea bombed on.

Weirdly enough i wasnt impressed with him today compared to prior matches. I thought with gana on the pitch we looked a lot better and played higher up. Our high press dissolved when he went off, and it was just wave after wave of attack after that.

It started before Gueye went off to be fair, and had more to do with losing Lennon's work rate and replacing it with Sandro's lack of work rate.

He started well, but after a while they were beating him left and right. I think he just needs to position him self a little better... having said that, he played well in tight spaces and had some decent passes. Both he and Gana did well starting counter attacks today; we just couldn't finish them.

Yep, I agree with your comment that he looks more at home at 1st team level. At U23s his first touch often let’s him down , and as space is tighter he can lose the ball, whereas he will often get more space in the 1st team. Conversely, while his first touch may get away from him he often uses his feet to turn and twist away from opponents and still has the ball.
I think he’s ideal for a backs-to-the-wall situation though. He’s disciplined , plays where he’s told to play and rarely goes to far up the pitch.
But chalkboards consistently say he is playing more on the half-line rather than behind.
I stand by my view, he is not a deep-lying midfielder. He is what people called an "advanced DMC" - he sits high on the pitch to press the opposition, and forces turnovers in dangerous positions, but with the ball he would mainly delegate the job to more creative players.

Some of you must see a different game to me, thought he was totally ineffective like he has been in the other games. Him, Kenny, Davies and Calvert Lewin made it look like men against boys today..

You thought he was ineffective in his other games + Kenny (just one name) made It look like men against boys?

That is a very bizarre view imo

Weirdly enough i wasnt impressed with him today compared to prior matches. I thought with gana on the pitch we looked a lot better and played higher up. Our high press dissolved when he went off, and it was just wave after wave of attack after that.

I thought it was when we changed the team at half time...

Looked slow to me today.

Hard to get into the pace of the game?

Oh yeah, I like the kid, not slagging him off, but we were desperate for someone who can carry the ball and get forward. We started off the second half Ok, but once they realised we carried zero threat and Sandro/DCL would be completely isolated, Chelsea bombed on.

I thought some of his touches when he came on were simple yet sublime.

I think if Vlasic was on the bench he would have been a better option with Baningime being the schneiderlin replacement, if ever.

It started before Gueye went off to be fair, and had more to do with losing Lennon's work rate and replacing it with Sandro's lack of work rate.

I thought lennon was absolutely dreadful. Personally would put it down to a formation change.

He started well, but after a while they were beating him left and right. I think he just needs to position him self a little better... having said that, he played well in tight spaces and had some decent passes. Both he and Gana did well starting counter attacks today; we just couldn't finish them.

As time went on it looked to me that he wanted to occupy a similar space to Schneiderlin. I think he looks like someone who can sit deep while making the simple passes (and look unflustered and quality doing it) but not further forward.

On the few games id call him an Anchor...

Status
Not open for further replies.