The Crushing of Evertonian Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've support Everton since 1988, so its all my fault where crap.SORRY

I've seen a lot of dark days but right now it feels the darkest and that's for one reason, This year was the 1st year we had any hope, not just of breaking the top 6 but actually seriously joining the top 6 and for the 1st time since i can remember we had money to spend and some ambition, something the club have lacked and failed to do in the past.

We had two previous times where we could have really pushed on but showed no ambition

In 95 we won the cup, but then the board refused to spend and Royal quit, which sent us in to a spiral till Moyes arrived

Moyes gets 4th and we spend no money and we get knocked out.

Then Moshiri arrives and we completely blow or chance yet again.

This summer, like the last few seems to be a big summer but it also feels like this our very last chance. If Sam stays, most of the younger's will be sold off and poor quality older players will come in and it will set us back another 2-3 years on top of the 2 years we are already behind.

I am going to ge slated for this but here it goes.

One of the reasons we have been just existing this season alone is because we the fans just sit there and get on with it.

Take last nights atmosphere for instance, sit there waiting for what, something to happen, under this buffoon we don’t even shoot anymor.

The Newcastle fans sing ‘ you’ve got Sam allardyce” what do we do sit there not a murmur.

Do you think any of the Top 6 teams would accept this mess that we our in, in one word NO.

We are all sitting now waiting for some news on whether he will be sacked or not.

The last home game is the fans last chance to let Mosheri know what we think and want. show sone balls show some ambition, get this club back to where it was

Bravo

Nail on head. A quarter of my life wasted watching this lot. They’ve brought nothing but pain, embarrassment and universal mockery.
One or two folks might poke a little fun at Tubby Ashley's regular hankering for a big plate of full English breakfast, and Yannick's unique unpredictability on the ball attracts some envious gibes, but one thing is for sure; nobody doesn't mock the unparalleled leadership qualities of Capt Jags...

One or two folks might poke a little fun at Tubby Ashley's regular hankering for a big plate of full English breakfast, and Yannick's unique unpredictability on the ball attracts some envious gibes, but one thing is for sure; nobody doesn't mock the unparalleled leadership qualities of Capt Jags...

Nah it’s been one long massive slap in the face.

Battling relegation most of the late 90s/early 2000s

Qualifying for the CL then being beaten by Arsenal 7-1, RS winning the CL, then we were out of all of Europe by November the season after.

Failing at numerous semi finals and the one we did win we scraped through against United’s kids.

Countless derby embarrassments, countless time’s being whipped by the big boys. Dragging defeat out the jaws of victory whenever possible. Awful turgid football for the majority of our prem existence. We hold nearly every unwanted record possible.

We are the laughing stock of the premier league as we are the only club good enough to stay in it but not good enough to ever do anything of note.

It has been an absolute chore following Everton all this time. Our best days are actually defeats, like going out of the Europa League at the last 16 or a first leg cup win to only lose the tie anyway.

I'm with you all!

I just hope we have cash this summer so we can fix the problems we created last summer.

After the 250 million we spent in the last 2 years is there any left or are we back to sell to buy? If we have money then I'm not to worried.

Only difference now is we have 38 players so we need to shrink the squad by 10+ anyway. Moyes always went with quality over quantity it's a shame we don't have the same philosophy now.

The money can't be trusted to Walsh.

If we haven’t got the enthusiasm to make our feelings known at the last game then we Need to do an Arsenal and stay away, that might get the message across, but hey-ho this is Everton fans I’m talking about so out in force and clapping our half hearted heroes in their lap of shame is what will happen

Stay away last game are you kidding?
I want to see us relegate Saints, that'd be highlight of the season right there.

We can trace our decline back to 1985-1987, Hysel & when Howard left. Now it may upset many of you but I put Howard in the frame as well as the board for that. I know we had dark days when he first became manager and lots of the crowd wanted him out so you may say when he went to Spain he had a right but if anyone remembers his article in the Echo announcing his departure he said that he would always be an Evertonian and that he had achieved all he could at the club. I wrote to Howard and asked him what he meant as all he had to do to prove himself wrong was to walk over the park and have a look at their trophy room. That's what I a true evertonian, would have done. In comparison to that lot we achieved very little during the 80's. I was inconsolable at Howard's decision to leave. Hysel certainly changed everything and we suffered more than most because the board didn't manage properly. We should have planned to be at the very top when Europe came around again but we have never recovered. The crushing of Evertonian spirit is something we know well but never get used to. It does bother me what the RS do, we can't even beat them over 90 minutes even when they've played us with a team full of dross. Them winning the CL will just stick another boot into the laughing stock that we are.

It's all relative, I'm sure Coventry, Portsmouth or Leeds fans could argue they've had it worse. But I don't think there's many other clubs who frequently get so close to being good only to collapse so dramatically while suffering horrifically at the hands of their rivals. We've had it bad.

I feel a bit numb at the moment too and things can get a lot worse, but let's just hope there's light at the end of the tunnel soon that doesn't turn out to be a train.

We and many others have been left behind now.
We make up numbers.
It will take a lot of money and good people in charge to turn things around and make us genuine challengers.
Not much chance of that then.

This season will be the missing link in our history in a few years time.

People will still be answering who was Everton's last full time English manager as Joe Royle in a few years time.

How long was Koeman at Everton? One or two seasons? Can't remember.

Statisticians will not be able to understand why there was a peaking of bleach sales in the Merseyside area over the backend of 2017 and first half of 2018.

People will still involuntarily shiver with revulsion at the thoughts of bisto and not know why.

All will be well.

Time will obscure this period of our history.

Like Klopp or not, he's a high grade manager with a vision and a solid purchasing strategy. And their board have backed and stuck with him, even when there has been grumbles about results and their defence.

We don't possess a high grade manager with a vision and solid purchasing strategy. And we haven't for years. Even if we did I am pretty certain we'd sack him after a few bad results under Moshiri.

Stay away last game are you kidding?
I want to see us relegate Saints, that'd be highlight of the season right there.
Each to their own, personally I’d rather concentrate on the wellbeing of my own club going forward rather than amuse myself watching another club being relegated purely because we had a bit of banter with them a couple of years ago.

It looks like they have finally got it right and if we see them parading the CL it will just the latest kick in the balls for us.

Unlike our club and many of our fans,they won't settle for mediocrity and demand change whereas anyone wanting change here gets shouted down as a Kopite, 'at least we aren't Leeds,Portsmouth' etc etc

For example that clown masquerading as our 'Chairman' wouldn't have lasted very long over there had he been a one of them. He'd have long been hounded out. But at Everton he's still here in a position of power fronting a regime that's delivered 20 years of total nothingness at our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.