The Crushing of Evertonian Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
There appears a fog of despondent gloom about this thread; Everton fans can be very fickle. Have you so quickly forgotten the glorious victory of last night? Goodison under lights was jumping!!
And as for 'a season with no highlights', well I'm not having that. Doing the double over Newcastle and Stoke City will hopefully provide centrepiece moment in the video celebrating this season's accomplishments. And need I mention the spirited resolve we showed at a tough trip to the Liberty...Swansea are no easybeats and that was a proud draw imo.
Call me a half glass full bloke, but I reckon Everton's fulfilling every inch of the ambition that our Board's instilled in the club.

lol Surely not in the crushing of Evertonian spirit thread.

If we haven’t got the enthusiasm to make our feelings known at the last game then we Need to do an Arsenal and stay away, that might get the message across, but hey-ho this is Everton fans I’m talking about so out in force and clapping our half hearted heroes in their lap of shame is what will happen

I really don't think I've felt at a lower ebb following this club. I know it's hyperbole but it's absolutely killing me tonight.

• Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee in the dugout
  • A fortune spent on mediocre players who clearly have no pride in the club
  • No trophy in 23 years
  • No memorable performance over an entire season
  • No derby win since 2010
  • That lot tearing Europe apart
I know supporting a football club isn't about the glory but is there actually a team that's had a more depressing existence than us over recent times? Does anyone actually foresee it getting better any time soon or are we going to amble to 40+ points every season with boring wins against terrible teams?

This season just feels like a sick joke put together at our expense.

Sunderland wave hello from their Netflix documentary to show off their immediate return to the premier league....

Don't worry about what they're doing. Leave them to it.

I'm only interested in Everton Football Club because it's mine.

At the minute I'm not happy with the club and we're at a low ebb. The summer could be the start of real change, here's to hoping it is.

We're us and I wouldn't want to be them for three times their successes.

Yep, very true our season has been bad enough, them having another trophy less season but reaping plaudits has nothing to do with it to me. I'm just gutted about us.

If we haven’t got the enthusiasm to make our feelings known at the last game then we Need to do an Arsenal and stay away, that might get the message across, but hey-ho this is Everton fans I’m talking about so out in force and clapping our half hearted heroes in their lap of shame is what will happen
tbf, we've cleverly sold the players guilty of being half hearted (Stones, Deulofeu, Barkley, Lukaku etc). But we've retained our stout hearted ones like Tubby Ashley, Schneids, etc. And do I need even mention our lion-hearted leader Capt Jags?
Hopefully Goodison gives them a rousing send off and the Finch Farm cafeteria staff come to the party by giving the brave lads an extra big full English breakfast before our final home game!

I really don't think I've felt at a lower ebb following this club. I know it's hyperbole but it's absolutely killing me tonight.

• Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee in the dugout
  • A fortune spent on mediocre players who clearly have no pride in the club
  • No trophy in 23 years
  • No memorable performance over an entire season
  • No derby win since 2010
  • That lot tearing Europe apart
I know supporting a football club isn't about the glory but is there actually a team that's had a more depressing existence than us over recent times? Does anyone actually foresee it getting better any time soon or are we going to amble to 40+ points every season with boring wins against terrible teams?

This season just feels like a sick joke put together at our expense.
I am going to ge slated for this but here it goes.

One of the reasons we have been just existing this season alone is because we the fans just sit there and get on with it.

Take last nights atmosphere for instance, sit there waiting for what, something to happen, under this buffoon we don’t even shoot anymor.

The Newcastle fans sing ‘ you’ve got Sam allardyce” what do we do sit there not a murmur.

Do you think any of the Top 6 teams would accept this mess that we our in, in one word NO.

We are all sitting now waiting for some news on whether he will be sacked or not.

The last home game is the fans last chance to let Mosheri know what we think and want. show sone balls show some ambition, get this club back to where it was

One of the reasons we have been just existing this season alone is because we the fans just sit there and get on with it.

Take last nights atmosphere for instance, sit there waiting for what, something to happen, under this buffoon we don’t even shoot anymor.

The Newcastle fans sing ‘ you’ve got Sam allardyce” what do we do sit there not a murmur.

Do you think any of the Top 6 teams would accept this mess that we our in, in one word NO.

We are all sitting now waiting for some news on whether he will be gone or not.

The last home game is the fans last chance to let Mosheri know show one balls show some ambition, get this club back to where it was

You are right. We should take whatever flack comes from the media luvvies and make sure he's booted out of the club.

As a set of supporters we desperately need something to believe in. You look at the atmosphere that lot generated tonight but that's only because they knew they could rip Roma to pieces. If you go to a match knowing you're either going to be bored or beaten comfortably then it's difficult to do your part.

One thing about Evertonians, you can't call us fair weather fans. Masochists, yes, but not flavour of the month, tourist, half'nhalf scarf waving idiots. Ok, well, my wife thinks it's idiotic of me to watch a game knowing full well I will probably be frustrated and depressed at the final whistle.
The thing is, when we do come out of these dark times, and actually win something, it will mean that much more to us, because we truly will celebrate, appreciate and be grateful for every success, more so than any of those oligarch following flag waving sheep could ever know.
I'm an Evertonian, good times, bad times, wouldn't want to be anything else!

We are all sitting now waiting for some news on whether he will be sacked or not.

The last home game is the fans last chance to let Mosheri know what we think and want. show sone balls show some ambition, get this club back to where it was
I think the sometimes less than white hot atmosphere at GP is partly down to the crowd misreading the players' cues. Thus, when Tubby Ashley pulls his shirt over his head, that should cue raucous singing, a deliberately poorly taken corner signals rousing chants of 'EVERTON!' and when Capt Jags bends down to do a boot lace up, it tells the crowd to burst into the 'we're all going to Wembley' song.
I blame social media for the breakdown in reading such obvious cues.

Status
Not open for further replies.