The Crushing of Evertonian Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about Evertonians, you can't call us fair weather fans. Masochists, yes, but not flavour of the month, tourist, half'nhalf scarf waving idiots. Ok, well, my wife thinks it's idiotic of me to watch a game knowing full well I will probably be frustrated and depressed at the final whistle.
The thing is, when we do come out of these dark times, and actually win something, it will mean that much more to us, because we truly will celebrate, appreciate and be grateful for every success, more so than any of those oligarch following flag waving sheep could ever know.
I'm an Evertonian, good times, bad times, wouldn't want to be anything else!

Win something lol nope it’s not happening mate

I am going to ge slated for this but here it goes.

One of the reasons we have been just existing this season alone is because we the fans just sit there and get on with it.

Take last nights atmosphere for instance, sit there waiting for what, something to happen, under this buffoon we don’t even shoot anymor.

The Newcastle fans sing ‘ you’ve got Sam allardyce” what do we do sit there not a murmur.

Do you think any of the Top 6 teams would accept this mess that we our in, in one word NO.

We are all sitting now waiting for some news on whether he will be sacked or not.

The last home game is the fans last chance to let Mosheri know what we think and want. show sone balls show some ambition, get this club back to where it was

Not a chance mate, we’ll beat Southampton, and the fans will be clapping the players as they do their lap of honour (honour lol) they’ll be singing songs as loud as they can, Allardyce will be laughing and joking with the players as he walks round, he’ll have one of the players kids on his shoulders, and as he gets to the Park End they’ll give him a standing ovation.

The saving grace for me is I’ll be in London for the Bellew fight.

Leicester proved that with the right manager and a couple decent signings a bang average team can run away with this league. It's not all doom and gloom for me. We get the right manager in place and things can turn around in the snap of a finger.

Yes, yes, I know it was a one off, but this league is full of bang average sides.

Not a chance mate, we’ll beat Southampton, and the fans will be clapping the players as they do their lap of honour (honour lol) they’ll be singing songs as loud as they can, Allardyce will be laughing and joking with the players as he walks round, he’ll have one of the players kids on his shoulders, and as he gets to the Park End they’ll give him a standing ovation.

lol

So true. You just know there's plenty of Evertonians who are desperate to like him. Few more points on the board and the happy clappers will be out in force.

I really don't think I've felt at a lower ebb following this club. I know it's hyperbole but it's absolutely killing me tonight.

• Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee in the dugout
  • A fortune spent on mediocre players who clearly have no pride in the club
  • No trophy in 23 years
  • No memorable performance over an entire season
  • No derby win since 2010
  • That lot tearing Europe apart
I know supporting a football club isn't about the glory but is there actually a team that's had a more depressing existence than us over recent times? Does anyone actually foresee it getting better any time soon or are we going to amble to 40+ points every season with boring wins against terrible teams?

This season just feels like a sick joke put together at our expense.
Totally agree mate, in our entire history we have never had it worse. Can't win a derby match , have now gone the longest spell in our history without silverware,never win an away game at the top grounds in the premier league . Compare us to the other 3 northwest heavy weights,all have exceptional sides and stadiams,are champions league regulars with trophies every other season (get ready for the RS to start winning everything again), whilst we are stuck in the dark ages with a manager who thinks that was a good performance last night. look at them across the park, they don't fear any team on the planet and will win a 6th European cup. Sad sad days.

I really don't think I've felt at a lower ebb following this club. I know it's hyperbole but it's absolutely killing me tonight.

• Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee in the dugout
  • A fortune spent on mediocre players who clearly have no pride in the club
  • No trophy in 23 years
  • No memorable performance over an entire season
  • No derby win since 2010
  • That lot tearing Europe apart
I know supporting a football club isn't about the glory but is there actually a team that's had a more depressing existence than us over recent times? Does anyone actually foresee it getting better any time soon or are we going to amble to 40+ points every season with boring wins against terrible teams?

This season just feels like a sick joke put together at our expense.

Mate. I'm as miserable as you but it could be worse. We could support Sunderland.

The saving grace for me is I’ll be in London for the Bellew fight.
The sad thing is about your points, you are 100% correct this what will happen, meanwhile that lot across the park get the media loving for their upcoming champions league meeting with Real Madrid.

This morning on the Jim White show it was like HOW DARE EVERTONIANS WANT SAM OUT, HE HAS YOU IN 8th, what do you want?

The sad thing is about your points, you are 100% correct this what will happen, meanwhile that lot across the park get the media loving for their upcoming champions league meeting with Real Madrid.

This morning on the Jim White show it was like HOW DARE EVERTONIANS WANT SAM OUT, HE HAS YOU IN 8th, what do you want?
What do we want?
Maybe more than 1 point in four matches at Bournemouth, West Brom, Watford and Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.