The Crushing of Evertonian Spirits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't expect much from this season.

We sold our only decent player to Man Utd in the summer and didn't replace him. As for Goodison being a morgue aside from when we're abusing our own players, we turned into Geordies a long time ago.

We're still in the premier league mate. If we get it right with player / manager / DOF recruitment over the summer, we start August 2018 with hope; and 2017/18 will be a distant (horrible) memory.

Stop being positive and trying to cheer people up! :p

ddng55.jpg

Whenever I want to feel warm and glowing toward Everton I just need to think of Blue Chrimbo festivities and my favourite Yuletide story A Blue Christmas Carol. I particularly love the scenes involving the blue ghosts of Christmas past, present and future . So whenever I might feel a little blue about the footballing fortunes of our lion-hearted lads in blue, I just think of those blue ghosts and an uplifting smile creases my countenance. One thing is for sure, while there's Blue Chrimbo to look forward to, this Evertonian's celebrations of the blue ghosts of Blue Chrimbo will not be suppressed...this Evertonian's spirits will not be crushed.

I really don't think I've felt at a lower ebb following this club. I know it's hyperbole but it's absolutely killing me tonight.

• Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee in the dugout
  • A fortune spent on mediocre players who clearly have no pride in the club
  • No trophy in 23 years
  • No memorable performance over an entire season
  • No derby win since 2010
  • That lot tearing Europe apart
I know supporting a football club isn't about the glory but is there actually a team that's had a more depressing existence than us over recent times? Does anyone actually foresee it getting better any time soon or are we going to amble to 40+ points every season with boring wins against terrible teams?

This season just feels like a sick joke put together at our expense.

veqkx5.gif

Last season we finished 7th in the Premier League. This season (after poor transfer dealings, a long run of terrible results, and three different managers in the hot seat) we could still finish 8th. Had we appointed Silva, instead of Big Sam, and found ourselves in eighth place, everyone would have been kissing his backside and saying how marvellous he is.

I know the football has been terrible, but this season could have gone a lot worse for us. Now we just have to bite the bullet for three more games, enjoy the World Cup, then start afresh come August with renewed hope ;)

veqkx5.gif

Last season we finished 7th in the Premier League. This season (after poor transfer dealings, a long run of terrible results, and three different managers in the hot seat) we could still finish 8th. Had we appointed Silva, instead of Big Sam, and found ourselves in eighth place, everyone would have been kissing his backside and saying how marvellous he is.

I know the football has been terrible, but this season could have gone a lot worse for us. Now we just have to bite the bullet for three more games, enjoy the World Cup, then start afresh come August with renewed hope ;)
Good on yer for still having hope for next season, they have just about squeezed every bit of football love out of me.

Just keep the faith something good will happen soon........surely?
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Cannot see Wolves knocking us off our 'best of the rest' perch. We are a much bigger club than them in what really matters (i.e. a storied history) and even if they finish higher than us on the table, we will still be viewed as a giant of the English game.
This is the problem, some fans need to get their heads out of their arses, we ain’t no giant of the game, we used to be not anymore.
Wolves have a style of play and will buy players to improve that style.
We have .... erm .....

I'd tricked myself during the Moyes era that there was something still about this club. I remember the atmospheres against Fiorentina, United and Liverpool. We don't get anything like that now. It's just dead.

I been saying that for a while re the atmosphere. It never was like that. You might have the odd bad period for a couple months but it would be kicking again. During the 80's 90's and up to maybe 2010 ish it was a great place to watch matches.
Its completely dead now and effects results. Its not just big sam. It was woeful during koeman and martinez and moyes latter years.
Koppite behaviour us all i hear. Cant sing. Can chant a new song.Koplite behaviour. Cant stand. Koppite behaviour. Koppites didnt invent singing. They didnt invent making noise at a match.Its more embarassing to use the word koplite behaviour than being a koppite.
The football wont get the atmosphere going. The club needs to do something. Fair enough we mightnt be a club that can handle a signing section but some form of group needs to get sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.