The appalling communication skills of Everton FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you are making a very good case for the board’s protracted deliberation.

West Ham will in all probability come to regret such a hasty appointment.
This seems to be lost on most.

Has it not occurred to people that the lack of noise on the manager situation is a pretty good indication that we're actually having a good think about it?

What do people want the club to say here? 'We're working on it'? Pretty redundant don't you think?

Update on stadium progress?
Timeframe for new manager search?

Either of these would be good.
Stadium progress they may have nothing to report at the minute!
Timeframe for a new manager, they probably don't know or agreed to who they want yet!!

I'm not disagreeing with you to a point but if there's nothing to report then I don't think there's any point giving false deadlines for the sake of it!!

Every week, everyone in my work place gets an email from the CEO of the company who we are working for. It tells us what is going on. It gets posted on the official site so any one can read it too.

Why? Because it appears to be a fairly well run company with nothing to hide other than commercially sensitive or security sensitive information which you wouldn't expect to find in the public domain.

It certainly would be down of any contractor or governmental organisation that leaked out information like a ton of bricks. No Publicity Crazy Meiss or Pie Snorting Wizard Anderson would or should be allowed.

I just looked at the evertonfc.com website, and nothing. It even has a 'what the papers say' rumour round-up for Everton news! What the actual f***?!? The official site, is reporting rumours! Now I understand there is normally some disjoint between various parts of an organisation, but it should not be that bad. Where's the stadium progress permanent link? New manager update link?

Obviously it's not just us, but that's not what we should be comparing ourselves too if we want to be the best (NSNO anyone?). We are poor in a lot of areas. A big moribund ocean liner drifting towards an iceberg with no one seeming willing to even pull the wheel to avoid it as no one has seemingly took any responsibility on themselves in a long long time and at a management level, they probably have a cushy number with little demand put upon them - a reflection of what is happening on the pitch with a lot of the players if I were inclined to make a comparison.

...we did hope and expect an improved communication strategy with the new regime but it sadly hasn’t materialised.

The ideal output is through the website but I doubt i’m alone in rarely visiting it. I rely on other outlets for my Everton information rather than via the club itself. This says everything.

Of course they must keep some things quiet but there should be some visibility regarding progress on the ground, new manager etc. That information should be updated daily on the website. The live communication from live youth team games is also poor, it’s as though the club don’t realise the interest.

Supporters matter and the communications strategy should reflect that.

This seems to be lost on most.

Has it not occurred to people that the lack of noise on the manager situation is a pretty good indication that we're actually having a good think about it?

What do people want the club to say here? 'We're working on it'? Pretty redundant don't you think?

Having a good think? Or waiting for the best time to admit publicly that no manager any of us actually would want is coming here?

We have four league games coming up from which I and I'm sure most others would expect to take at least two wins and two draws from as the absolute minimum. After that it's the derby and some redundant Europa league games are in this period as well. A new manager could have two weeks preparation to work with a lot of the players, but anyone coming in now will have very little training ground time. The longer this managerial search goes on the more likely it becomes that it's going to be Unsworth. Is that good or bad? Everyone's mileage will vary but no one could argue that it isn't underwhelming.

What I do know is that this is a club who knew for almost an entire year that our best player and main goalscorer was going to be leaving this summer and they had no plan for that whatsoever outside of one handsome Frenchman and apparently a whole load of midfielders. We literally ended up bringing back Niasse- lad's done well but talk about scraping the barrel. Blame Koeman all you want, but we've had plenty of evidence that our club dithers around too much which is why people aren't getting their hopes up that silence is golden and that we have some master plan only a few are privy of. Nothing about that screams Everton.

I’m sure it’s absolutet no better than any other club onthe league.

The issue here is people actually believe the club cares about fans.

Stadium progress they may have nothing to report at the minute!
Timeframe for a new manager, they probably don't know or agreed to who they want yet!!

I'm not disagreeing with you to a point but if there's nothing to report then I don't think there's any point giving false deadlines for the sake of it!!

Agree, I fail to understand what people are asking for ? How on earth could they give a timeframe, they are searching and interviewing. They cant announce " We will have a new manager by X" as there is too much to sort, contracts, exit contracts, due dilligence, notice period etc etc

Just an acknowledgement that things are happening. Let the fans know that the club aren’t just sitting on the hands waiting for the issue to solve itself.
Surely this shouldn't actually need stating publically though?

I know a lot of people have issues with the board, but come on...

Just an acknowledgement that things are happening. Let the fans know that the club aren’t just sitting on the hands waiting for the issue to solve itself.

Why would they be sat on their hands all looking at each other waiting for something to happen ? This is ridiculous, some people fail to even have the basic grasp of how a business works. I'm at my wits end

Status
Not open for further replies.