The appalling communication skills of Everton FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim White: who;d have thought a buffoon like that would be de facto Everton head of communications?

Have those people in the Everton comms department got no pride whatsoever?

Their job is to do one thing: communicate to the fanbase what is happening at the club and they are a ghost ship of a team.

Still makes me cringe when I think of the times Moshiri has spoken to White, just made us look a bit of a joke.

In all seriousness I agree with you.

There is little or no long term plan and, quite remarkably , the Jim White situation shows that things have actually got worse under Moshiri - these really are new depths.

Why is Keith Harris on the Board? No one knows. Why do we have loads of boring "Tom Davies does the Tango" messages from Everton every time we lose, he could be in the latter stages of Strictly by now for all the jigging he has been doing.

I suppose it must be a bit like being Lewis Hamilton's comms manager. Difficult and unlikable subjects, best not to say much at all.
I'd forgot about Harris being there too.

It's a chimpanzee's tea party at that club every day.

Without wanting to appear dumb but if there's nothing to report, what do you want the club to tell you.
Unsworth is the interim manager (god help us!), until that changes, Unsworth is the interim manager.
Not sure you can blame the club on this one.
Fans want to be drip fed everything but until there's something to say, there's nothing to say.

Still makes me cringe when I think of the times Moshiri has spoken to White, just made us look a bit of a joke.

It underlines to me at least just how substantial Moshiri really is.

Anyone going into Everton when he did does the following: get a top CEO in and clears out the comms department and initiates fresh relations with the fans.

It didn't happen because Moshiri is a puppet installed to oversee a stadium deal that opens up investment for others in that part of town and increases the share value for Everton's major share holders...whomever they might be.

Classic Everton that they couldn’t organise a booze up in a brewery yet are Fort Knox like in not letting any piece of information out of the club.

It comes from the arrogance of that prick Suntan Bob Elstone. He hated being questioned or held to account at AGMs so cancelled them before being forced to reinstate them. He’s basically pulled up the drawbridge so they can all continue to sit on their hands doing nothing.

It underlines to me at least just how substantial Moshiri really is.

Anyone going into Everton when he did does the following: get a top CEO in and clears out the comms department and initiates fresh relations with the fans.

It didn't happen because Moshiri is a puppet installed to oversee a stadium deal that opens up investment for others in that part of town and increases the share value for Everton's major share holders...whomever they might be.
What do you base this on mate?

And here is the Everton PR team...........

monkeys.jpg

I don't know what you expect the Club to say about Managerial appointments until one is made.

Do you want them to tell us who is on their list?
Do you want them to reply to every random name thrown up by the press or on here?

Usually Clubs stick to the facts in their announcements.

They will tell us who the manager is when one is appointed.
Agree mate, no club reveals their intentions until it's confirmed. I still believe the club don't know exactly what to do in terms of the next appointment, their seems to be some kind of boardroom tug of war going on which is not doing anyone any favours. The fact they've not come out and said 'our search for a new manager is ongoing' tells me they (probably Bill) want to give Unsworth a shot

TO be honest, I agree with Dave (never thought id be saying that after the Martinez days hahahaha).

We don't expect the club to update us saying that we have interviewed X, Y and Z, however I would expect some sort of communication of what the the hell we are doing. Even just to say we are conducting a thorough search and we are ensuring we are appointing the best manager we can find to take the club forward.

Realistically, we sacked Koeman and didn't even say Unsworth was in temporary charge... it was days later.

The silence is concerning when we have people like Jim White mouthing off and Big Sam been championed by the station he works on and other outlets.

Moshiri says he understands our ambition... they are his words, if he understands the fans he should know the level of frustration that nothing has been said for give or take 3 weeks.

I don't want daily updates, thats not what we need, however some sort of communication to say what we are doing rather then it feeling they are sitting on their thumbs would be awesome.

Without wanting to appear dumb but if there's nothing to report, what do you want the club to tell you.
Unsworth is the interim manager (god help us!), until that changes, Unsworth is the interim manager.
Not sure you can blame the club on this one.
Fans want to be drip fed everything but until there's something to say, there's nothing to say.
The club can easily keep supporters up to speed while keeping its cards close to its chest. It's why communications departments are in existence. And this is not just about the managerial situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.