The appalling communication skills of Everton FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Weeks and not a peep from the club in anyway shape or form about the manager search, apparently knocked back left right and centre and we have no clear direction of who is going to take us forward next.

Rumours of Kenwright and Moshiri going head to head over the appointment aren't good.

For the love of god, MR social manager from EFC who reads this forum - get them to do a F'ing release about what the hell we are doing and what direction we are going in, because reports of "growing unrest" are the tip of the iceberg.

5 weeks without a manager, and I thought I was joking when I said that we were going for an Everton First.

That's all they are though, rumours.

This is going to be a very important appointment. We need to get it right, the club should not be showing their hand in any way.

That's all they are though, rumours.

This is going to be a very important appointment. We need to get it right, the club should not be showing their hand in any way.

Its probably the most important appointment we have made for a long long time. Completely agree.

I do however seriously worry about the lack of communication, even something small saying "we are carrying out a wide search to appoint the best manager we can attract" something to appease the fanbase that this is actually happening, instead of us looking at the very small pool of managers we can get in the premiership and standing there with our cap in hands.

Its probably the most important appointment we have made for a long long time. Completely agree.

I do however seriously worry about the lack of communication, even something small saying "we are carrying out a wide search to appoint the best manager we can attract" something to appease the fanbase that this is actually happening, instead of us looking at the very small pool of managers we can get in the premiership and standing there with our cap in hands.

I get what you are saying but it doesn't really "mean" anything for them to say something along those lines.

Of course they are looking for the best option. To be fair to the club although the last couple of appointments have not been to everybody's tastes (to put it mildly) they have thrown money at the appointments to try and get who they think is the best option.

It is hard at this time of year as most managers will be in jobs already and won't be looking to move to a club who are in a position where their credibility could be destroyed.

I get what you are saying but it doesn't really "mean" anything for them to say something along those lines.

Of course they are looking for the best option. To be fair to the club although the last couple of appointments have not been to everybody's tastes (to put it mildly) they have thrown money at the appointments to try and get who they think is the best option.

It is hard at this time of year as most managers will be in jobs already and won't be looking to move to a club who are in a position where their credibility could be destroyed.

I want to believe they are looking for the best option, my gut tells me they are looking at the prem, or a list of managers with prem experience and going down one by one.

The club isnt always going to hire someone that universally liked, thats a given - but we need to be a bit more creative then we currently are.

I agree but still think they should say something, at the moment we look like we are desperate and avoiding taking ownership of addressing the fans unrest/concerns

I want to believe they are looking for the best option, my gut tells me they are looking at the prem, or a list of managers with prem experience and going down one by one.

The club isnt always going to hire someone that universally liked, thats a given - but we need to be a bit more creative then we currently are.

This!

I'm hoping we have muddied the waters with the majority, as they know they were nowhere near 1st/2nd(/3rd?!) choice

I don't see any real past evidence to suggest that though. If we were looking purely on prem experience then Allardyce would be in charge already.

It looks like Silva was the chosen one but it was always going to be hard to get him purely down to the timing of it.

The main problem for me is there is not a real obvious candidate out there.

I don't see any real past evidence to suggest that though. If we were looking purely on prem experience then Allardyce would be in charge already.

It looks like Silva was the chosen one but it was always going to be hard to get him purely down to the timing of it.

The main problem for me is there is not a real obvious candidate out there.
bingo! If we 15 games remaining and were in this position we'd have hired Sam in a heartbeat because love him or hate him he keeps teams up but we've still got so much of the season to play out and lots of points to play for - we've had the time to make a proper appointment and not a knee jerk reaction. That said with each game that passes that extra time begins to count for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.