The appalling communication skills of Everton FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be lost on most.

Has it not occurred to people that the lack of noise on the manager situation is a pretty good indication that we're actually having a good think about it?

What do people want the club to say here? 'We're working on it'? Pretty redundant don't you think?

In all fairness, this gets said every single transfer window during our radio silences when we're in desperate need of bringing players in. "Oh we're just taking our time and assessing all our options to make sure we get the man we want and don't make a panic signing, this is a good thing". Then voila, we end up with no one. I think you're giving to club way too much credit to assume they know what they're doing and have it all under control behind closed doors.

...we did hope and expect an improved communication strategy with the new regime but it sadly hasn’t materialised.

The ideal output is through the website but I doubt i’m alone in rarely visiting it. I rely on other outlets for my Everton information rather than via the club itself. This says everything.

Of course they must keep some things quiet but there should be some visibility regarding progress on the ground, new manager etc. That information should be updated daily on the website. The live communication from live youth team games is also poor, it’s as though the club don’t realise the interest.

Supporters matter and the communications strategy should reflect that.

Spot on.

The club website provides no actual real info, it's just light "fluffy " stuff that is of no real relevance - Unsworth camps out over night with the U23's for instance.

Spot on.

The club website provides no actual real info, it's just light "fluffy " stuff that is of no real relevance - Unsworth camps out over night with the U23's for instance.

Who else does this?
Hourly or daily updates on the site?
No one
Everton are no different, apologies to those who want to blame the board.
Just wait and we will be told when we’re told

It's ALL kenwright mate the whole lot

I do think it has A LOT to do with BK. He is still the chairman. The chairman is empowered to run the club. Moshiri either wants this, allows this, or is bound to it by something in the purchase agreement where he can’t replace him for ‘x’ time. If it is the first two he is part of the problem. If it is the last The club is suffering because we can’t replace a piss poor chairman. I dont think we will know who is truly to blame until BK is gone.

Who else does this?
Hourly or daily updates on the site?
No one
Everton are no different, apologies to those who want to blame the board.
Just wait and we will be told when we’re told

A bit of obvious direction would be nice.

The club site reads like my lads school news letter.

Spin and no substance.

In all fairness, this gets said every single transfer window during our radio silences when we're in desperate need of bringing players in. "Oh we're just taking our time and assessing all our options to make sure we get the man we want and don't make a panic signing, this is a good thing". Then voila, we end up with no one. I think you're giving to club way too much credit to assume they know what they're doing and have it all under control behind closed doors.
... in which case then they'd be saying "we're struggling here lids, but we're trying like!"

That just isn't going to happen. They're better off saying nothing at all in that case.

The Club said when Koeman was sacked that Unsworth was in temporary charge, they didnt put an amount of games on it, so that still stands.

I understand people want more communication from Club, but i feel people want it when theres nothing to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.