The appalling communication skills of Everton FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a one or two who are replying in this thread..

do-you-want-to-play-a-game-mermogenorator-net-10695107.png

...or maybe just do the minimum required to better inform their "customer" base they're always banging on about satisfying in the corporate BS they spout.
Dave. I think it is difficult for the club to get it right.

I would love to know more about the new stadium, the search for our new manager, our transfer targets and our finances generally.
But , these are all very sensitive areas involving parties other than ourselves.

If any of these areas were compromised as a result of information being given out to freely there would be uproar...led by your good self.

I agree with the level of secrecy they employ. I think it is good business practice.

I would love to know more about the new stadium, the search for our new manager, our transfer targets and our finances generally.
But , these are all very sensitive areas involving parties other than ourselves.

If any of these areas were compromised as a result of information being given out to freely there would be uproar...led by your good self.

I agree with the level of secrecy they employ. I think it is good business practice.
This is totally correct. We all expect too much and think something is happening all the time. It is the nature of 24 hour news etc, our expectations and cravings for news need constantly updating

This is totally correct. We all expect too much and think something is happening all the time. It is the nature of 24 hour news etc, our expectations and cravings for news need constantly updating
I would add to this that despite Dave saying we're in the "dark ages" on this front, I don't see higher levels of transparency coming from any of the teams that finished above us last year.

It is a problem well deserving of its own thread this.

I simply do not get what prevents the club seemingly acting in its own interests to ensure a positive and regular information flow as well as keeping the fanbase onside to a greater degree.

There is absolutely no excuse for an overhaul of the entire PR/Communications operation at the club. They make absolutely no attempt to control the narrative on the important issues. This has serious ramifications most particularly for current or would-be commerical partners and potential investors, particularly with the recent Panorama programme.

No statement from the club. No attempt made to engage in controlling the message and mitigating, what is on paper, quite negative media coverage and the connotations that must surely arise for the club, whether or not there is merit in the story and coverage.

From the appointment of the new manager, to the stadium, to Panorama, there is just radio silence. Sadly another example of an amateur in Elstone going unrestrained by part-time and absentee board members, and a Chairman that has history for treating minor shareholders, let alone fans, with mistrust, and occasional contempt.

It is equally very troubling to try and decipher how a supposedly astute businessman in Moshiri cannot see the issue with using Jim White as his mouthpiece. I would have thought from his background, and the volatility of doing business in Russia and the Former Soviet Republics, that Moshiri would be a past master in managing the message and knowing the audience. Clearly not.

I would clear-out anyone admitting to being responsible for media at Everton, as they are clearly not up the job. This is the digital age, not the 1980s.

Three months ago they promised to publish a stadium document outlining the vision for it. They still haven't done that even though they said originally it would be weeks away from publication.

I'm just asking them to honour their own commitment to inform, and not asking for secrets.

It's impressive how bad it is considering we have a Director of Marketing and Communications (Richard Kenyon) and a Head of Media and Communications (Brian Doogan), both are as useless as each other.

I want their jobs.

I could sit on my hoop all day, reading FB and Twitter and

And i could probably spend their vast wages quite easily too.

TBH I wouldn't really be arsed if they never told me anything ever but got the major decisions at the club right but we're always kept guessing and they usually balls them right up as well, it feels like being 'touched' in the dark. It's always been this way as far as I can remember and it's also likely to stay this way I would imagine.

Last edited:
And if is the case that he has it then lets have that clarified.

Does it feel like anything about this is clear right now?

Wasn't Unsworth given " a run of games".

Quite clever by the board me thinks.

No definitive amount of time given, which covers their bottoms, while they dilly dally around chasing unobtainable managers, and also saving the club a huge amount in wages that they would have had to pay any replacement for Koeman.

They are probably saving up for a striker in January. Or funding Walsh's second European tour in 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.