Talksport and Fake Everton fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak

black-guy-surprise-Caddyshack-boat-scene.gif

He would have been boss around 1998.

But hes not the manager for Everton 2k18, maybe he can try again if he ever wins a trophy, but he wont, EVER.

We need a lad who will properly kickstart the project, has the sort of philosophy that we want to implement at all levels going forward and who can seamlessly hand it all back over to Roberto Martinez after he lifts the World Cup with Snakeland. Eddie is the man for this

We need a lad who will properly kickstart the project, has the sort of philosophy that we want to implement at all levels going forward and who can seamlessly hand it all back over to Roberto Martinez after he lifts the World Cup with Snakeland. Eddie is the man for this

Its a no from me.

Do you have such encyclopaedic knowledge of all clubs situations at different points of the season, or are you just a particularly big fan of Sam? I would think of myself as a pretty big football fan but I couldn't even tell you what month Watford or Leicester sacked their managers, and yet here you are knowing our fixture list, the tactical changes we made in non-televised games and what discussions were had between figures at the club. It's amazing you have time to support another club when you know so much about ours.

I might have been mistaken.

At first I thought @marcus might have been Sam in mufti but now my money is on this @NeutralPie fellow.

I mean, who on earth would send so much time on the forum of a team he or she doesn’t support and research every stat in order to make the case for that club’s manager being kept on :pint2:

Unless that poster has a vested interest :blush:

Man City have walked all over almost everyone this season. Being beaten by Spurs, Arsenal and Man United... well... so are a lot of teams.

January transfers can often take a bit of time to settle in, to be honest I was surprised you got Tosun, as he was still in the CL, and was scoring goals in the group stages, you've got a CL calibre player there who will probably get better next season. You look at Sanchez at Man United, even he has struggled since he moved. Theo Walcott seemed to start quite brightly for you, but I haven't seen Everton play recently. So could be 2 very shrewd signings for next year.

If Big Sam stays (big if), I think you will get better next season if he is given support, I honestly do, I just remember earlier on in the season watching you guys play in the Europa Cup, and I think it was the game against Southampton on sky where you got thrashed and I thought to myself "deary me, this is not a cohesive football team, they could be in serious trouble here". If it was a one off, you can brush it off, but it was turning into a pattern. It is easy now to say it was never in doubt, that you were never going to get relegated, but you'd lost your main goal threat, you were struggling to create anything, and your defending was all over the place (and that is putting it kindly).

Big Sam has made strides forward in improving your defence, people can dismiss that and say it is because he has been ultra cautious, but then why didn't Unsworth do that? If he had, he'd still probably be in a job and not Big Sam.

I know what it is like when you've already made up your mind that someone is crap, almost nothing will change your mind, but he's not that bad, and with a bit of time he has actually got a good record out of getting the best out of good attacking players. I mean he is a pragmatist, like Mourinho, and he believes that everything should start from a solid defensive foundation, but with a bit of time and a pre-season, he will improve next season (IMO).

Not clear which team you support, nut heck you can have BFS.

You mean DCL, Niasse, Bolasie, Walcott, Tosun? HHmmm how many goals have we scored so far this season and how many have we let in, oh I forgot as you say the defence has improved, tell City and our red neighbours.

I might have been mistaken.

At first I thought @marcus might have been Sam in mufti but now my money is on this @NeutralPie fellow.

I mean, who on earth would send so much time on the forum of a team he or she doesn’t support and research every stat in order to make the case for that club’s manager being kept on :pint2:

Unless that poster has a vested interest :blush:

:eek:

He's bad like, but did you ever see Mike Walker?
Mike Walker was bad but didn't talk himself up like Mr anti football who doesn't get Everton or the fans. In fact BFS had a great chance to stamp his mark on our club by Christmas but wasn't even interested in trying; he reverted to form . Our worst appointment ever; an embaressment as ur manager. He has and never had any class.

My point was that these were squads a lot less taleen

My point was that all of these squads were a hell of a lot less talented but with the exception of 97-98 they all put a shift in and managed a similar or better points total to what we are seeing now with the most expensively assembled squad in our history.

To say BFS has the worst squad at his disposal (as the OP did) is utter nonsense!
Also re those previous squads we had zero finances and Moyes in particular shopped in the bargain basement.

Depends if you include that West Ham game or not. You were 17th before that. His appointment, having a word with the players, telling Unsworth to move Rooney to play deep midfield, clearly gave everyone a boost, it gave everyone a lift. Their heads were down before that, no fluidity, no creativity and an absolutely shocking defence. That's all the makings of a disaster right there.

But even if we don't give him any credit at all for that West Ham win, he is still 6th in the league joint with Burnley on points since he joined. And ahead of Arsenal. And improved your defence. So where exactly did you expect to be after 4 and a half months?

The January transfers often take a bit of time to settle, but if I'd offered you the joint 6th most amount of points on the 29th November, you'd have snapped my hand off and you know it!
Aw come off it, he has done f all since he came. Much more of him and we would be a laughing stock.

I get that, but I think performances would actually get better next season, when he gets to know his players better, make some more signings (his signings are actually very good in his past, and I think the 2 he has made for Everton so far will turn out to be shrewd), but not too many new signings though, you don't want to be flooding the place with new players like you did last summer, hard for anyone to make that work as you need to develop understandings on the field which take time. I'd say 3 or 4 max.

But I can understand why you wouldn't have been too impressed with the style. But I think if you have to be real too, he really had to turn you into a more solid unit first and foremost, that's what he does, you were conceding 2 goals a game average, which means you need to score 3 goals on average to win. Which you to be fair you did once, in your comeback against Watford, but you have to realise that is simply not sustainable.

Honestly, if it were me an Everton fan, I think I'd be optimistic about the new season and looking forward to pushing on, in really what is Allardyce's biggest role to date, so he has something to prove as well. Then if it is still crap at the end of next year, then get someone else in who will be able to build on the solid foundations Big Sam has left you. Feels extremely risky bringing in an unknown with little or no PL experience at this delicate time, another new guy might not be the answer and you could end up in the same predicament as you were this season, or worse. Of course you might push on too, but sometimes, you have to be careful what you wish for.

And as for all the stuff about 'self congratulations', that's just part of Big Sam's character, he's always been brash, a bit like Terry Venables, but I don't know why you'd want some meek guy who is gonna hide or act all depressed after criticism, or even telling the truth is not always good for morale. He's a good motivator IMO, and doesn't hide. Yeah, he'll spin things sometimes, but most great managers do.

Nice avatar btw :D
I would have booed him at his first game if at it. Sack him tonight, dont even wait until tomorrow. God, I cant stand the man and all he stands for, his strokes, his football, his character, his brashness, his gum chewing, his ignorance of what it means to manage Everton. Mr anti football. That type of football is long over.

Status
Not open for further replies.