Not open for further replies.
Do we really have to play this game?

Conte started at Arezzo
Klopp started at Mainz
Wenger started at AS Nancy
Pochettino started at Espanyol
Blanc started at Bordeaux
Fonseca started at De Dezembro
And Pep and Mourinho were untried at top level before getting their jobs and performing brilliantly.

In other words, they have earned the right to manage top sides

Conte got fired at Arezzo, then amazingly got reappointed a year later, and got relegated to Serie C1
Klopp got relegated at Mainz and failed to get them back up before getting fired/resigning
Wenger finished 18th at Nancy, only managed to stay up via a playoff game, then following season finished 19th and got relegated to Ligue 2. He also only had a 28% win rate (as you love those win rates so much)
Poch had a 32% win rate at Espanyol, so by your logic, he must be diabolical

So if they've earned their rights, then Big Sam certainly has, NEVER been relegated from the PL, despite managing unfancied teams, and left them all in a better position than when he joined. How many other managers are there you can say that about?

So if they've earned their rights, then Big Sam certainly has, NEVER been relegated from the PL, despite managing unfancied teams, and left them all in a better position than when he joined. How many other managers are there you can say that about?

So what? You arent an Evertonian, so you just dont get it. Thats fine.

I couldnt care less what he has or hasnt done before he rocked up here; he will NEVER be an Everton manager in most fans eyes, just a temp agency worker.

My brother once got drunk and rang into 5 live and ranted to Ian Wright about Lukaku and the general state of Everton.

My brother is a Man United fan. He just pretended to support Everton and recited some stuff I ranted about when we were out one night. He actually did alright, though I'm not sure if they twigged it or not. One of the lads in my Facebook football group recorded it, going to have a look

So what? You arent an Evertonian, so you just dont get it. Thats fine.

I couldnt care less what he has or hasnt done before he rocked up here; he will NEVER be an Everton manager in most fans eyes, just a temp agency worker.

It just frustrates me, when I can see you are finally onto a good thing, but are about to throw it away without giving the guy a proper shot with a preseason and a chance to bring in some of his own players. He's way too good to be just a 'firefighter' as some people put it.

But if you've made your minds up, you've made your minds up.

Funnily enough, the guy I was replying to mentioned Poch... he had a 32% win rate at Espanyol. Eddie Howe has a 43% win rate right here in the England. He's gonna be the next Poch, mark my words. I'm amazed Everton aren't going after him, achieved more than Silva & Fonseca combined in the top 5 European leagues. And done it by playing progressive football.

It just frustrates me, when I can see you are finally onto a good thing, but are about to throw it away without giving the guy a proper shot with a preseason and a chance to bring in some of his own players. He's way too good to be just a 'firefighter' as some people put it.

Funnily enough, the guy I was replying to mentioned Poch... he had a 32% win rate at Espanyol. Eddie Howe has a 43% win rate right here in the England. He's gonna be the next Poch, mark my words. I'm amazed Everton aren't going after him, achieved more than Silva & Fonseca combined in the top 5 European leagues. And done it by playing progressive football.

I think you're demented, but a fair point re Howe. There's a manager in there

I think you're demented, but a fair point re Howe. There's a manager in there

I'll leave it there anyway. Get the Eddie Howe bandwagon going before someone else does!

You don't want to be left in a couple of years wondering how you missed out on this guy who was right under your nose the whole time.

Jog on Sam no one likes you

Status
Not open for further replies.