Talksport and Fake Everton fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're comparing managers who have managed the biggest clubs in the country, with some of the biggest budgets in the world, to Sam Allardyce who has managed some of the smallest clubs in the country. Hardly a fair comparison.

No one can transform a club though in 4 and a half months, well some people might get lucky when all the right ingredients were already there that compliment their style, but it often doesn't last long.

What I would say though, is Allardyce is actually very similar to Mourinho, he just needs a break, and with a good preseason, and a few additions I think he's gonna surprise a few of you (if he stays). I think by hounding Big Sam out though, you might be missing out on an untapped gem who just needs an opportunity at a big club with a decent budget.

Allardyce has left every single one of his clubs in a better league position than when he joined. That is some record considering how many clubs he has managed. An astute tactician, good record in the transfer market, innovative behind the scenes, good motivator, wealth of experience, you're turning your nose up at someone who is pretty good at what he does!
Who do you support ? Not Everton is my guess, therefore why are you on here ?

You're comparing managers who have managed the biggest clubs in the country, with some of the biggest budgets in the world, to Sam Allardyce who has managed some of the smallest clubs in the country. Hardly a fair comparison.

No one can transform a club though in 4 and a half months, well some people might get lucky when all the right ingredients were already there that compliment their style, but it often doesn't last long.

What I would say though, is Allardyce is actually very similar to Mourinho, he just needs a break, and with a good preseason, and a few additions I think he's gonna surprise a few of you (if he stays). I think by hounding Big Sam out though, you might be missing out on an untapped gem who just needs an opportunity at a big club with a decent budget.

Allardyce has left every single one of his clubs in a better league position than when he joined. That is some record considering how many clubs he has managed. An astute tactician, good record in the transfer market, innovative behind the scenes, good motivator, wealth of experience, you're turning your nose up at someone who is pretty good at what he does!

Fair enough points you’ve made here. Analysis from neutral is good. But frankly big sam had his chance to stake a claim for next season and can’t be bothered to do it. We have been safe since January and He hasn’t bled any more youth players, he hasn’t “mixed it up” with more attacking formations and he hasn’t shown me anything of the fabled “motivator of men”.
He has done what he said he would do and we should be more grateful of that - not fighting regulation was his remit and he has done that. He has failed to show me that he would get us above 8th next season, and with terrible football.

On that basis, everyone need to reboot over the summer. I’d be all over dyche, but the majority of the fan base need a sexy foreigner. My money is that mosh will go with what the fans want.

So the last few days I've been listening to talksport and i noticed there 2-3 Everton fans on daily, however they seem to totally disagree with what the majority of us think, an i'm starting to think there all fake.

An example, there talking about the survey and an "Everton fan phoned us" He then proceed to say Sam done a fine job he signed Tosun, is that how you say his name? he should be given summer and Jan
He used words like them or they when referring to Everton. He isn't the 1st one to say stuff like that and i'm wondering Have any of you been on talksport and do you think these are Liverpool fans or actually Everton fans phoning in?
They may well be Everton fans, we're not a hive mind. Just as there are Liverpool fans who aren't mental or deluded. It IS TalkSport, though, it attracts some...special people.

Thank you for your posts extolling the virtues of the current Everton Manager. I'm sure with all of the qualities, experience and "outstanding" record you quote above, that Allardyce will be snapped up by another team when he leaves us at the end of the season.

Didn’t we just spend more in a season the Bayern Munich did on their whole squad this is so much more complex than money.

A lot of the media & poorly educated fans such as yourself have no desire to see Everton return to there place at the top table. Deactivate your account & go back to where you came from thanks

He took a bloody winger off for an extra defender while drawing at Swansea.

Cahill off-Distin on in a similar situation was when I fell out with Moyes.

The football we've been forced to endure this season has been enough to make your eyes bleed.

Get out, Fatty.

Except you just made up your own facts. He was very well liked at Palace, Sunderland, Bolton. He wasn't so well liked at Newcastle, Blackburn & West Ham, but they all got ideas way above their station, two of them got relegated within a year of getting rid of him, and the other improved for one year, but have been struggling ever since.

One thing that is objectively true though, is he has left every single club he has managed in a better league position than when he joined.

You are Mr Sammy Lee, in the Library, with a candlestick. cluedo!!!

It just frustrates me, when I can see you are finally onto a good thing, but are about to throw it away without giving the guy a proper shot with a preseason and a chance to bring in some of his own players. He's way too good to be just a 'firefighter' as some people put it.

But if you've made your minds up, you've made your minds up.

Funnily enough, the guy I was replying to mentioned Poch... he had a 32% win rate at Espanyol. Eddie Howe has a 43% win rate right here in the England. He's gonna be the next Poch, mark my words. I'm amazed Everton aren't going after him, achieved more than Silva & Fonseca combined in the top 5 European leagues. And done it by playing progressive football.
That’ll be Eddie Howe who haemorrhaged in his underpants at Burnley and had to go back home to his comfort blanket at no-expectation Bournemouth.
No thanks.

Non-Evertonians telling Evertonians what’s best for them.....bless.

Fair enough points you’ve made here. Analysis from neutral is good. But frankly big sam had his chance to stake a claim for next season and can’t be bothered to do it. We have been safe since January and He hasn’t bled any more youth players, he hasn’t “mixed it up” with more attacking formations and he hasn’t shown me anything of the fabled “motivator of men”.
He has done what he said he would do and we should be more grateful of that - not fighting regulation was his remit and he has done that. He has failed to show me that he would get us above 8th next season, and with terrible football.

On that basis, everyone need to reboot over the summer. I’d be all over dyche, but the majority of the fan base need a sexy foreigner. My money is that mosh will go with what the fans want.
This comment was spot on until the Dyche bit at the end. He is good at what he does with the players at Burnley but would just be another Moyes, which at the moment would be a step up but would not get us to where we want to go. We actually have some money for once and should be looking for either a young manager with ambitions to make it to the top (Fonsecca) or proven manager of winning trophies (Emery).

I think he is incapable of actually managing a team to the higher levels of the PL no matter what players he has.

This comment was spot on until the Dyche bit at the end. He is good at what he does with the players at Burnley but would just be another Moyes, which at the moment would be a step up but would not get us to where we want to go. We actually have some money for once and should be looking for either a young manager with ambitions to make it to the top (Fonsecca) or proven manager of winning trophies (Emery).

Dyche is a reasonable manager but his aim is clean sheet and grab a goal, lately he has been fortunate. Against the Foxes fortunate to get two early goals but to friends who are Burnley ST holders after that especially the 2nd half their play was abysmal.

All national phone ins tend to to attract armchair fans who sit there watching sky sports all weekend, then when the games are over and they've had too many cans of beer ring in chatting nonsense. Half of the people sound p****d that ring up, you can't really use them as representative of football supporters as a whole. I think fans have finally had enough getting beaten 3-0 to Atalanta away then losing 5-1 was disgraceful. Getting thrashed by Arsenal twice, when most Arsenal fans will tell you they are dire is also unforgivable. We were awful at Bournmouth, awful at Watford, awful at Burnley, awful against Spurs. We didn't even have a chance against West Brom away the worst team in the league. We were lucky not to lose to them at home. Really Allardyce has done what he set out to do and I don't think he deserves the level of abuse some people give him, but he has kept us in the top half of the table which is alright for this season. As long as he's gone at the end of the season, I won't be bothered.
The person to blame for our horrific season is not Allardyce or Koemann or Unsworth, but a little rat called Walsh. He was the fool who wasted money signing players who play in the same position. He had months to get us a replacement for Lukaku and a replacement for Baines, but he didn't. We could of got Kolarov quite easily or Tierney from Celtic. There were numerous strikers out there such as Dembele from Celtic, Deeney, Vardy, Llorente we failed to bring in anybody. Walsh is a disgrace and should of been sacked ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.