Talksport and Fake Everton fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGrumpy

Player Valuation: £50m
So the last few days I've been listening to talksport and i noticed there 2-3 Everton fans on daily, however they seem to totally disagree with what the majority of us think, an i'm starting to think there all fake.

An example, there talking about the survey and an "Everton fan phoned us" He then proceed to say Sam done a fine job he signed Tosun, is that how you say his name? he should be given summer and Jan
He used words like them or they when referring to Everton. He isn't the 1st one to say stuff like that and i'm wondering Have any of you been on talksport and do you think these are Liverpool fans or actually Everton fans phoning in?

Everton fans for sure. I'm a very staunch everton fan and I strongly feel Sam should be given at least another season to show what he can do.

I do feel like I'm in the minority but that's because a lot of others who feel the same as me get showered with abuse for having an opinion. I honestly think there are a large number of supporters who also agree Sam should be given a chance to at least see out his contract.

The way I see it is that he has us in the top half in the table and a good chance of finishing 8th. When he took over we were getting beaten easily and by some poor teams too and were seriously looking in trouble of relegation. He has steadied the ship and with a couple of more signings he can push us on.

The football we are currently playing is a necessity to get results given the quality of players at our disposal. If you disagree just look at the kind of results we got before Sam took over when the team played with more freedom. He knows what we need to move forward next season but unfortunately because most it seems want him out we will have to start again with a 'fonseca' type. Who easily could be the next Pellgrino of Southampton and see us struggle.

But no let's try with the untested and start all over again and sack Sam while Sams in prime position to know exactly what we need to move forward.

Everton fans for sure. I'm a very staunch everton fan and I strongly feel Sam should be given at least another season to show what he can do.

I do feel like I'm in the minority but that's because a lot of others who feel the same as me get showered with abuse for having an opinion. I honestly think there are a large number of supporters who also agree Sam should be given a chance to at least see out his contract.

The way I see it is that he has us in the top half in the table and a good chance of finishing 8th. When he took over we were getting beaten easily and by some poor teams too and were seriously looking in trouble of relegation. He has steadied the ship and with a couple of more signings he can push us on.

The football we are currently playing is a necessity to get results given the quality of players at our disposal. If you disagree just look at the kind of results we got before Sam took over when the team played with more freedom. He knows what we need to move forward next season but unfortunately because most it seems want him out we will have to start again with a 'fonseca' type. Who easily could be the next Pellgrino of Southampton and see us struggle.

But no let's try with the untested and start all over again and sack Sam while Sams in prime position to know exactly what we need to move forward.
HAHAHAHA had me going there for a minute.

Since Sam come, he won 7 games out of 21, in that time he spent 50 mil on a striker and Winger, he also got Coleman and Bains back from Injury, he got Bolasie back and the results have got worse, Stuffed by Spurs, Arsenal and Utd, Drew with West Brom home and away with out a shot on target, Didn't try and beat Liverpool or Swansea, Set a record for the most possession by an away team in City, who walked all over us and stopped trying.
He said we are a big a club as West Ham and Newcastle, who haven't won a thing between them in a generation, have both been relegated in recent year and we spent double the amount of the 2 of them combined in the last year.
Paid 20+ mil for a striker, said he the best in Europe, then a week later said he can't play in the cold.

That's only a few things off the top of my head an its been a lot worse.

If he is in charge next season, we wont finish in the top 10, might not this season yet

HAHAHAHA had me going there for a minute.

Since Sam come, he won 7 games out of 21, in that time he spent 50 mil on a striker and Winger, he also got Coleman and Bains back from Injury, he got Bolasie back and the results have got worse, Stuffed by Spurs, Arsenal and Utd, Drew with West Brom home and away with out a shot on target, Didn't try and beat Liverpool or Swansea, Set a record for the most possession by an away team in City, who walked all over us and stopped trying.
He said we are a big a club as West Ham and Newcastle, who haven't won a thing between them in a generation, have both been relegated in recent year and we spent double the amount of the 2 of them combined in the last year.
Paid 20+ mil for a striker, said he the best in Europe, then a week later said he can't play in the cold.

That's only a few things off the top of my head an its been a lot worse.

If he is in charge next season, we wont finish in the top 10, might not this season yet

Man City have walked all over almost everyone this season. Being beaten by Spurs, Arsenal and Man United... well... so are a lot of teams.

January transfers can often take a bit of time to settle in, to be honest I was surprised you got Tosun, as he was still in the CL, and was scoring goals in the group stages, you've got a CL calibre player there who will probably get better next season. You look at Sanchez at Man United, even he has struggled since he moved. Theo Walcott seemed to start quite brightly for you, but I haven't seen Everton play recently. So could be 2 very shrewd signings for next year.

If Big Sam stays (big if), I think you will get better next season if he is given support, I honestly do, I just remember earlier on in the season watching you guys play in the Europa Cup, and I think it was the game against Southampton on sky where you got thrashed and I thought to myself "deary me, this is not a cohesive football team, they could be in serious trouble here". If it was a one off, you can brush it off, but it was turning into a pattern. It is easy now to say it was never in doubt, that you were never going to get relegated, but you'd lost your main goal threat, you were struggling to create anything, and your defending was all over the place (and that is putting it kindly).

Big Sam has made strides forward in improving your defence, people can dismiss that and say it is because he has been ultra cautious, but then why didn't Unsworth do that? If he had, he'd still probably be in a job and not Big Sam.

I know what it is like when you've already made up your mind that someone is crap, almost nothing will change your mind, but he's not that bad, and with a bit of time he has actually got a good record out of getting the best out of good attacking players. I mean he is a pragmatist, like Mourinho, and he believes that everything should start from a solid defensive foundation, but with a bit of time and a pre-season, he will improve next season (IMO).

Man City have walked all over almost everyone this season. Being beaten by Spurs, Arsenal and Man United... well... so are a lot of teams.

January transfers can often take a bit of time to settle in, to be honest I was surprised you got Tosun, as he was still in the CL, and was scoring goals in the group stages, you've got a CL calibre player there who will probably get better next season. You look at Sanchez at Man United, even he has struggled since he moved. Theo Walcott seemed to start quite brightly for you, but I haven't seen Everton play recently. So could be 2 very shrewd signings for next year.

If Big Sam stays (big if), I think you will get better next season if he is given support, I honestly do, I just remember earlier on in the season watching you guys play in the Europa Cup, and I think it was the game against Southampton on sky where you got thrashed and I thought to myself "deary me, this is not a cohesive football team, they could be in serious trouble here". If it was a one off, you can brush it off, but it was turning into a pattern. It is easy now to say it was never in doubt, that you were never going to get relegated, but you'd lost your main goal threat, you were struggling to create anything, and your defending was all over the place (and that is putting it kindly).

Big Sam has made strides forward in improving your defence, people can dismiss that and say it is because he has been ultra cautious, but then why didn't Unsworth do that? If he had, he'd still probably be in a job and not Big Sam.

I know what it is like when you've already made up your mind that someone is crap, almost nothing will change your mind, but he's not that bad, and with a bit of time he has actually got a good record out of getting the best out of good attacking players. I mean he is a pragmatist, like Mourinho, and he believes that everything should start from a solid defensive foundation, but with a bit of time and a pre-season, he will improve next season (IMO).

This is actually as spot on as you can get and one of the most intelligent comments I've seen on the forum for a long time. Unfortunately a witch hunt started against Sam from almost day one, it got worse following some bad form after his good start and it's at a point now of nearly no return for most fans.

Strangely I actually think he would have had more of a chance keeping his job if he got worse results but managed to keep us up on the last day of the season. He's been a victim of his one success because he got us out of danger so early and was expected to make this poor team into top 6 challengers instantly.

You can see by responses on these forums for anyone showing any kind of loyalty to Sam that they get shot down almost instantly. Why? Because we are supporting a manager who has taken us from a very bad place (both in league position and performances) to a very steady place and in a position to kick on next season.

Most neutrals would say Sam has done well since coming in. Not amazingly but certainly at least met expectations and therefore deserves a chance to see out his contract. Most evertonians think he has done terribly and needs getting rid of asap. It makes no sense to me.

This is actually as spot on as you can get and one of the most intelligent comments I've seen on the forum for a long time. Unfortunately a witch hunt started against Sam from almost day one, it got worse following some bad form after his good start and it's at a point now of nearly no return for most fans.

Strangely I actually think he would have had more of a chance keeping his job if he got worse results but managed to keep us up on the last day of the season. He's been a victim of his one success because he got us out of danger so early and was expected to make this poor team into top 6 challengers instantly.

You can see by responses on these forums for anyone showing any kind of loyalty to Sam that they get shot down almost instantly. Why? Because we are supporting a manager who has taken us from a very bad place (both in league position and performances) to a very steady place and in a position to kick on next season.

Most neutrals would say Sam has done well since coming in. Not amazingly but certainly at least met expectations and therefore deserves a chance to see out his contract. Most evertonians think he has done terribly and needs getting rid of asap. It makes no sense to me.

7 wins out of 21.

Plus the defensive gutless inept performance against Liverpool reserves at home.

He needs to go.

1. An informed opinion would be better.
2. We were 13th, with seven teams below us. Relegation wasn't really threatening us, no matter what Gravy Boat or SKy tell us. And we're still getting beaten easily by some poor teams -- not to mention Swansea should have mullered us. Yet he's been quoted as saying he thinks his term here is already a success.
3. We're safe now; why not play the younger players to see what they've got? "Hell no," bellows the Bisto Botherer, "I'll stick with the likes of Schneiderlin and Bolasie. I know what I'm doing."
4. Seeing as we can't even move the ball forward under his guidance, I find that laughable in the extreme.
5. We tried the tested; it didn't work.
6. See No. 4.

In short, you haven't got the slightest clue what nil satis nisi optimum means.

Did that comparison really just get made? I'm convinced you're actually @johnjoeefc just agreeing with their self.

He will ensure (at best) that we remain an also-ran club as long as he's here. He will not achieve anything of note and will be responsible for wasted years and wasted money.

Status
Not open for further replies.