Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott is like turning up for the Olympic 100m trials in flip flops. Zaha is like turning up in a pair of brogues. He might be better but we need so much better, especially at the prices being mentioned.
They quoted arsenal an awful lot more then that. They sold their right back for 45 million. They do not need to sell their best attacking player.
Quietly Dave! USM has made a deposit in Moshi's a/c of a few hundred mill
Arsenal have already had a bid of £40m rejected, they couldn’t sell him for that now. And they won’t sell for less than Wan-Bissaka, that wouldn’t make sense.
...he’s the focal point of play at Palace so I expect him to be involved, but I just don’t see him as a goalscorer. Richarlison has 13 in 35 for us, Zaha managed 12 in 110 and 31 in 147 in his two spells at Palace. He’ll go on lots of mazy runs and draw lots of fouls but I really think he’ll struggle to be effective in a top side.

He’s definitely not for me, be interesting if Brands wants him.
Zaha: 26 and bags of experience. His last few seasons have been quality. He is waiting to become someone's Arjen Robben. Let it be us.

Zaha: 26 and bags of experience. His last few seasons have been quality. He is waiting to become someone's Arjen Robben. Let it be us.

This is where it falls down for me.

I can’t take your opinions of people seriously too much due to your opinions on Martinez and Keiron Dowell.

That said, he could flourish, he’s at the right age. Not happening anyway, so I’ve no idea why I’m even debating this and not getting on with my work!

But would he get a work permit.
Come on now.. Everton are a sensible club, I can't see us spending money on a player who won't get a work permit forcing us to send him out on loan to some eastern European clubs for a few years in the hope he'll get one and even then might not play enough for his country... ha ha it would be just plain ridiculous to even suggest such a thing for any sensible club to do... right.

I'd rather it be Bolasie than Walcott to be honest

Same here but I doubt Palace could stomach that tbh, I don't think Bolasie is even worth £10mil in his current state.
Walcott's rep isn't completely shot at this stage, plus got a bit of pedigree as he's ex-Arsenal, England international etc w/ a decent goals record so it could prove an acceptable deal to Palace fans plus £50mil. I do think they should consider cashing in on Zaha soon though or they'll miss the boat, but I can understand them holding out hoping for the mega bid now.

Zaha is a wonderful player, really miffed by some of the comments on him not being good enough, hes a CL player and one of the best in the league.

Dont think it would happen though, dont think we have the money nor do i think we are the current profile of club he would look to leave Palace for and hes an Arsenal supporter. Time to get him was three years ago, i was banging the drum.

We are still paying for “gambles” thanks to the previous hierarchies.

Mate mirrallas contract extension wasn’t a gamble , bolasie wasn’t a gamble , he was tied his entire career , Morgan wasn’t a gamble . Henry , vlasic, lookman etc were gambles and we look to be making money on all of them. Now I know 40m including add ons ( and I for one minute don’t belive this rumour) is a lot more than 11m or less we purchased the players mentioned cost. But if he is the next big star from Brazil then usually they end up being good , pato being the exception. We shouldn’t be scared of spending big money on youth , just need to make sure we do our homework and make sure we pick a good player. Man U spent 35m on martial at 19 years old, 130m for Mbappe , Barca spent 53m on Neymar literally the only chance we have of acquiring a world class player is signing him before anyone else. Watford have signed Pedro or whatever his name is and now clubs are sniffing around and they may make 20m on a player they never even owned. There is massive rewards out there and although we have been burned before we cant afford for it to stop us taking a chance on players. Leo , kean , Jesus these are players with huge potential apparently and we must be willing to bite the gullet or else we won’t ever break out from where we are. We had our world class talent in Rooney and ballsed it up Everton style and waiting around for another isn’t what I want us to do.

If Arsenal had £40m knocked back and Palace want £80m then split the difference and offer them £60m plus any of the unwanted masses as a makeweight

Zaha is a wonderful player, really miffed by some of the comments on him not being good enough, hes a CL player and one of the best in the league.

Dont think it would happen though, dont think we have the money nor do i think we are the current profile of club he would look to leave Palace for and hes an Arsenal supporter. Time to get him was three years ago, i was banging the drum.

Mate attacking player that are CL level and amongst the best in the league don’t play for palace at the age of 26. people on here talk about siggy being not good enough and costing to much , Zaha would be bolasie x 2 he would cost twice the money , nearly twice the wages and we would be stuck with him for years

Status
Not open for further replies.