Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the swap deal idea has already been much maligned but since we are all just having a bit of fun posting here.. would people consider £50mil + Walcott going the other way a good deal?

I'm in two minds personally.. think the difference between Zaha and Richarlison is the age. Richarlison has major re-sale value still only being 22, whereas Zaha being 27 in November means it would prob be his last big move so dodesn't really fit the profile we are going for. That being said I think he definitely improves our team.

Palace would be crazy to sell him for anything other than insane money.
To clubs in the top 10 of the league currently, he would be worth £40-£50m, but Palace could not get anywhere near the level of player to replace him.

So I can understand the £80m fee quoted. He is almost priceless to CP currently.
I disagree. Obviously @Alan Whittle would know better than me, but whenever I watch Palace I think they're overly reliant on him, and may actually be better getting rid and trying to make themselves a better side. I think that terrible record they have/had without him is partly because none of the other players know what to do other than give him the ball.

I disagree. Obviously @Alan Whittle would know better than me, but whenever I watch Palace I think they're overly reliant on him, and may actually be better getting rid and trying to make themselves a better side. I think that terrible record they have/had without him is partly because none of the other players know what to do other than give him the ball.
Yes, but that would rely on a good scouting network and forward planning. Palace being over reliant on Zaha has been apparent to everyone but the Palace hierarchy for a long time.

Signed by SAF to play under Moyes who told him not to cross the halfway line.
Popular misconception about Moyes that. He had a real soft spot for attacking players who were notoriously lazy (Yakubu, Saha, Van Der Meyde, Drenthe, Beattie, Mirallas, Beckford etc). He expected players to be professional, but he was generally content for attacking players to be lazy sods if they produced the goods. Unfortunately for young Wilf, he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.