Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the game he won a penalty for them at 0-0?

he got fouled? Is that a shot? DCL gets pens mate. You really want to sign a striker for 60m because he wins pens? Do you realise what players you can sign for 60m? None of man city’s players cost 60m salah was 34m 60m is still a lot of money and can attract good players . Spending that on Zaha would be a massive waste or resources

Either Brands or Marco defo like Zaha, I recall him being our target last year according to the respected journo's.

Zaha is a wonderful player, really miffed by some of the comments on him not being good enough, hes a CL player and one of the best in the league.

Dont think it would happen though, dont think we have the money nor do i think we are the current profile of club he would look to leave Palace for and hes an Arsenal supporter. Time to get him was three years ago, i was banging the drum.
He's a decent player. Absolutely nowhere near being one of the best in the league, not even close to being in the conversation.

Mate mirrallas contract extension wasn’t a gamble , bolasie wasn’t a gamble , he was tied his entire career , Morgan wasn’t a gamble . Henry , vlasic, lookman etc were gambles and we look to be making money on all of them. Now I know 40m including add ons ( and I for one minute don’t belive this rumour) is a lot more than 11m or less we purchased the players mentioned cost. But if he is the next big star from Brazil then usually they end up being good , pato being the exception. We shouldn’t be scared of spending big money on youth , just need to make sure we do our homework and make sure we pick a good player. Man U spent 35m on martial at 19 years old, 130m for Mbappe , Barca spent 53m on Neymar literally the only chance we have of acquiring a world class player is signing him before anyone else. Watford have signed Pedro or whatever his name is and now clubs are sniffing around and they may make 20m on a player they never even owned. There is massive rewards out there and although we have been burned before we cant afford for it to stop us taking a chance on players. Leo , kean , Jesus these are players with huge potential apparently and we must be willing to bite the gullet or else we won’t ever break out from where we are. We had our world class talent in Rooney and ballsed it up Everton style and waiting around for another isn’t what I want us to do.
IF we sign this lad for 40m and he becomes a star and goes to real or Barca for 100 m then surely that lets other young brazilians know that this is a good place to further your career.
We may hit a sweet spot where we have 3 or 4 of these at one go and win a pot or even the league.
Its a good but risky strategy.
We just have to trust Brands and his scouting team

he got fouled? Is that a shot? DCL gets pens mate. You really want to sign a striker for 60m because he wins pens? Do you realise what players you can sign for 60m? None of man city’s players cost 60m salah was 34m 60m is still a lot of money and can attract good players . Spending that on Zaha would be a massive waste or resources

You’ve picked one game where he was poor and I simply pointed out that even in one of his poor games he’s capable of doing something that can change a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.