New Stadium or Redeveloped Goodison?

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these self proclaimed experts in here telling us all the Goodison can't be redeveloped so they "have to then choose a new stadium" are makng me giggle.

Stop accepting the lies the "previous Board" and Bob fed you for a decade.

It can be redeveloped. It is possible and an option.

Make your choice with that in mind please and stop the TrueBlue Holdings and Elstone lies from days long gone for us now. Feels great to be able to say that! ;)

I don't think one needs to be an "expert" to see the glaringly obvious problems with re-developing Goodison, Kith.

It just takes reasonable eyesight.

Three sides of the ground are hemmed in with tightly knit streets of terraced houses. There is no room to expand on those three sides.

Nowt I would love more than we stay at a refurbished, fit for Century 21 purpose Goodison.

I am not seeing how that is going to be doable short of doing the despicable thing the RS did to expand The Pit.

I don't think one needs to be an "expert" to see the glaringly obvious problems with re-developing Goodison, Kith.

Three sides of the ground are hemmed in with tightly knit streets of terraced houses. There is no room to expand on those three sides.

Nowt I would love more than we stay at a refurbished, fit for Century 21 purpose Goodison.

I am not seeing how that is going to be doable short of doing the despicable thing the RS did to expand The Pit.

Indeed, also not an expert, but its just utterly land locked, suppose the people who say it can be done should be the 1s who personally go and knock on peoples houses and tell them to leave now cos big business wants their land!

I reckon you could sell it to those owners by including some form of residential development that would be included in the project & ultimately give them first right of refusal for any apartments or whatever they build. If the project included improved transport, they'd have to come out on top...just a thought...

I think this poll shows that famous resistance towards the change.

Ive slowly started to Lean towards the new stadium project .....and thats not easy decision.

Lets make "New Goodison"

It will serve our club better than the Old Lady.

Better people than me have said it is doable mate. I have faith :)

As a club I think we should do everything we can to redevelop goodison. It's a truly unique ground. Obviously it would mean buying up people's homes around the ground but if it's possible to do it while causing minimum inconvenience to people and we compensate them well then it's something that should be left on the table.

Realistically it would probably be cheaper and easier to buy empty land and build a new stadium but imagine the feeling inside a 50K seat redeveloped goodison with modernised facilities and the posts gone.

I do love Goodison, I love walking to it lit up for a night game. Regardless, I feel as if a new stadium would be the best option for us to grow and compete financially with other teams.

As a club I think we should do everything we can to redevelop goodison. It's a truly unique ground. Obviously it would mean buying up people's homes around the ground but if it's possible to do it while causing minimum inconvenience to people and we compensate them well then it's something that should be left on the table.

Realistically it would probably be cheaper and easier to buy empty land and build a new stadium but imagine the feeling inside a 50K seat redeveloped goodison with modernised facilities and the posts gone.
This is very small time.
1; buying property around goodison would take years and an enormous amount of red tape to get through, you will alway get people refusing to move no matter how much money they are offered.
2; why only 50k stadium when everyone else is building 60k plus

Status
Not open for further replies.