New Stadium or Redeveloped Goodison?

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redevelopment of Goodison Park if possible but only if it could deliver everything we need in a stadium for the future.

If not then this please:

5c0b0271a6619a7ca8d008870ea4dff9.jpg
Can you imagine the 'Blue Wall'? Everton FC - the Dortmund of England.

New stadium. Not as if we've had an atmosphere since 2008 IMHO..
Access nearby facilities ect are not good enough for a modern ground. Think it has to be something to make north liverpool more attractive and drag business and investment there.

I don't think one needs to be an "expert" to see the glaringly obvious problems with re-developing Goodison, Kith.

It just takes reasonable eyesight.

Three sides of the ground are hemmed in with tightly knit streets of terraced houses. There is no room to expand on those three sides.

Nowt I would love more than we stay at a refurbished, fit for Century 21 purpose Goodison.
I agree on all points. I'm a huge fan of Goodison and in an ideal world I'd love the Old Lady to be redeveloped, however it's not a realistic option.

That's not saying that redevelopment isn't possible, which I expect it to be, yet rather that it is simply not the most suitable or feasible option.

As mentioned above, the ground is surrounded by close-knit residential properties, along with a school, that are a mere few yards away.

Where would the school be reallocated to? Where would the large industrial equipment required for a development be located the allow such work?

Without encroaching onto these private properties, which is a long and drawn out process, I just cannot see how major work taking place.

Then we have to consider the actual state of the three stands that would have to be redeveloped or rebuilt: this would require huge development.

Realistically, the Street End and Bullens would need completed bulldozing but we'd still be restricted to a similar floor space to work upon.

Then would it be a phased approach with one stand at a time? How long would this take? What would happen to attendances over this period?

Add on factors such as space for transport, additional parking (important for families or for those further away) and new commercial outlets et al.

As mentioned from the start, I would be a huge advocate for redevelopment if I simply thought it was a realistic and sensible choice.

Unfortunately I deem it not to be, therefore I would have to vote for a new-stadium and all the pit-falls that may come with that option.

The status-quo simply isn't acceptable, so hopefully we can now look at a modern, atmospheric ground in a sensible location to meet all needs.

All these self proclaimed experts in here telling us all the Goodison can't be redeveloped so they "have to then choose a new stadium" are makng me giggle....

...It can be redeveloped. It is possible and an option.
I think you are confusing the terms possible and feasible. Is it possible? Yes. Nevertheless, that does not mean it is a feasible or a sensible option.

You have to consider how much it will cost, time scale, level of improvement and overall benefits. When you compare the two, the stadium wins.

From an emotional level, obviously would 'prefer' Goodison but from a practical level a new stadium. Either way we need improvement on that front.

How about just a new cantilever roof over the Street End and Bullens, plus an upper tier on the Park End of circa 3-4000 seats with a level of exec boxes (3-4 rows) in-between? Along the lines of the old Clock End at Highbury, but obviously with another tier of seating above it.

Feasible?

Unless you are an architect, I hardly think any of us really know exactly what would need to be done to get Goodison up to scratch, It just seems to big a job and a long drawn out process.

I think you are confusing the terms possible and feasible. Is it possible? Yes. Nevertheless, that does not mean it is a feasible or a sensible option.

You have to consider how much it will cost, time scale, level of improvement and overall benefits. When you compare the two, the stadium wins.
Please show me the figures quoting it is less expensive building a new stadium when compared to redeveloping Goodison in stages.

Indeed, also not an expert, but its just utterly land locked, suppose the people who say it can be done should be the 1s who personally go and knock on peoples houses and tell them to leave now cos big business wants their land!

Residents would surely move if deal is correct and fair. If social housing, buy from housing assoc and compensate tenants. If privately owned buy a em a bigger house in an area of their choosing within reason.

Residents would surely move if deal is correct and fair. If social housing, buy from housing assoc and compensate tenants. If privately owned buy a em a bigger house in an area of their choosing within reason.
People are people mate, and for many this is the area they've grown up and lived in. Having said that, the issue with Liverpool buying up housing was not so much that they did it, but more the way they under handedly let the area stagnate by moving to buy houses quietly and drive prices down.
As much of an issue of the residents is the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.