New Stadium or Redeveloped Goodison?

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple fact of the matter is that Goodison isn't enough. It cannot be redeveloped to a sufficient extent.

It's not just seating. It's corporate boxes. Stadium facilities. Commercial aspects outside of the stadium.

There's no place like Goodison but financially it makes absolutely no sense not to build a new stadium, and football is a business above all else.

Had to vote new Stadium.
I love Goodison and like many on here have memories of being taken by my father who is no longer here, and my older brother. I grew up in the lower Gwladys having some timeless memories with my peers who where also chosen.

But in reality the club needs new facilities and the footprint might not be feasible with such a landlocked location.

As long as the new Stadium was state of the art and worthy of a club with our heritage then I believe this is the way the club will go.

To be honest I'm not sure why this is a debate, don't get me wrong I love Goodison but we have to move as redevelopment isn't a viable option.
A new Goodison, a new era?

Yes m8 I put me in charge. Independent thought is a thing you know.
This is a new and potentially dangerous development and the appropriate action must be taken.

*burns all of @Kiwi's electronic devices and books before rounding up all known family, friends and associates and transporting them to the gulag.

Visiting from OZ a few years ago, I can genuinely say that going to Goodison was the highlight of my trip (despite losing to Stoke). The ground was amazing and I feel so lucky to have experienced that stadium rocking the way it does.

That being said, a few weeks later I caught an Arsenal game at the Emirates before flying back home. Whilst I don't care about that club, and the stadium doesn't have the history, that type of stadium is what we need. Top notch corporate facilities are a must, at the moment we have boxes owned by players and that's about it.. We need a stadium that will generate serious revenue going forward to keep the likes of Mr Moshiri around.

Redeveloping Goodison to that level is simply too long and too expensive a project. Just hope that something tasteful can be done with the old gal once we move out.

If new stadium is the choice then you'd have to think about what type of new stadium? I can't stand the oval stadiums personally like the Emirates. If we could replicate any stadium would love one like borussia Dortmunds. Close to pitch box style and intimidating.
Yes lid!

Do we want to go down the RS route of forcing people out of their homes?????

new stadium
well theres ways and means mate.
The RS were thoroughly abhorrent in the way they went about it and I think we care about the community enough to do it the right way.

If it was up to me, it would be a redeveloped Goodison, but I'm thousands of miles away. It's not about me, it's about the people of Liverpool and what's best for the long term future of the club.

It's not my vote.

Redevelop Goodison is my favoured option followed by cheese on toast.

I have a feeling that Walton Hall Park which has had so much done 'behind the scenes' already and has the backing of the council will be re-energised now we have the means to pay for it (this new investment/new PL TV deal) - not a disasterous course by any means (keeping us in Walton) but the home of Dixie it is for me.

This is a new and potentially dangerous development and the appropriate action must be taken.

*burns all of @Kiwi's electronic devices and books before rounding up all known family, friends and associates and transporting them to the gulag.
Sorry baby we don't have a gulag here.
Colonial outpost and that, we don't have the government funding x

Status
Not open for further replies.