2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he isn’t getting sacked then...

Just cos there hasn’t been an announcement yet, doesn’t mean he’s staying, doesn’t mean he’s going either. Could be later today, could be tomorrow, Weds, Thurs, Fri, Next Weekend. Watford weren’t looking like sacking Gracia going into the last break then boom middle of the week Gracia goes and Flores comes in

This isn’t really the point we were discussing though is it? We were looking for where the blame may lie, hence my response.

Martinez went backwards on the pitch after Moyes defence broke up and he had to implement his own strategy,

Koeman lost the plot and had really bad luck with his purchases and the Rooney / Klaassen/ Sandro purchases were all grim.

Again, all different reasons, so to start questioning the board about that is a little harsh IMO. They have to put some kind of trust in their decisions that they are appointing the right people.
I didn't mention the board? I'm partly talking about people overestimating players actually. People always seem to talk about it as if we have a really good side which is somehow being held back by the manager. There were many, many people on here who insisted that Sandro and Klaasen would flourish once Koeman went, but they didn't. The same is in danger of happening now, suddenly players like Davies, Tosun and Holgate, who most people accepted weren't very good a few months ago, should be playing every week according to some. So we get rid of Silva, someone starts picking them, then everyone remembers that actually they really aren't very good after all. I'm not defending Silva, this season has just been disastrous so far and his inability to change things has seen me run out of patience with him now, but ultimately I just don't think we have a very good side.

These are worrying times but we have to stick with him.
We just can't keep panicking ever time we hit a rough patch it is still only early October if we do have to make a Change let's make sure we do our homework and not just dive in and get another stopgap.

A rough patch? If you think about it he’s had a 10-12 game “good patch “in his entire time in England. That 12 game run isn’t the norm, shipping goals from set plays is the norm, getting beat is the norm, getting zero points if his teams conceded the first goal is the norm he’s crap and using a 10 game run to try and suggest he isn’t is mental imo

He appears to be an arm around the shoulder character and tell the player he's phenominal enough (and we know of old that didn't work) and his form will improve.There are players in our current squad who obviously need a rocket,dropping or both.Nice guys always come second.

I don't think it's that tbf. Everyone who has worked under Silva has said he's firm but fair but improves them in their play, their positioning.

Look at Gana. I love him and always have as a player but there is no doubt Silva helped him improve last season. PSG are now the side reaping the rewards of that.

Silva's tactics are dreadful, though. And his former assistant - whose new side are currently leading the way in Portugal - seems to have been the one who could twist his arm. Without him he's lost.

My point is that it's unjust to blame Silva and sack him, but to leave the real culprit in his job - Brands.

Why do you like crap managers Dave? Slow, boring, predicable, possession based football, that has me watching teams score against us every week.

I don't think it's that tbf. Everyone who has worked under Silva has said he's firm but fair but improves them in their play, their positioning.

Look at Gana. I love him and always have as a player but there is no doubt Silva helped him improve last season. PSG are now the side reaping the rewards of that.

Silva's tactics are dreadful, though. And his former assistant - whose new side are currently leading the way in Portugal - seems to have been the one who could twist his arm. Without him he's lost.
But that is his ultimate problem though, he is a training ground coach. When asked to manage during a game situation he just seems lost.

Silva will tell brands who he wants
Harry rednapp is scathing about Silva and is right. He can't set up a defence at corners and set pieces. One man up front no good. But he's not worried.

What did harry say? I don’t mind listening to him tbh but wouldn’t want him here obviously

I didn't mention the board? I'm partly talking about people overestimating players actually. People always seem to talk about it as if we have a really good side which is somehow being held back by the manager. There were many, many people on here who insisted that Sandro and Klaasen would flourish once Koeman went, but they didn't. The same is in danger of happening now, suddenly players like Davies, Tosun and Holgate, who most people accepted weren't very good a few months ago, should be playing every week according to some. So we get rid of Silva, someone starts picking them, then everyone remembers that actually they really aren't very good after all. I'm not defending Silva, this season has just been disastrous so far and his inability to change things has seen me run out of patience with him now, but ultimately I just don't think we have a very good side.

I tend to agree.

But, these players are in no way being helped by the manager and that much is clear, however much they have to take the blame like Silva does.

The team selection is awful. The tactics are awful.

Our players are struggling but the manager is doing nothing to try and get the best out of them.

In fact, he's playing a system that - in theory - should get the better out of Gylfi yet Silva sticks to the same boring players and the same boring tactics so what's the point?

Honestly mate, I respect what you say and agree in the main. I don't want Silva to have to go. But at the moment, I don't think anyone can argue he deserves to stay.

Bottom 3 after the run of games we had is unforgivable, We've sacked managers who've done better, We'd have been better off sticking with fat Sam, The football was terrible but we were hard to beat, now the football is terrible and we are easy to beat, Our defending from set plays especially corners is the worst I've ever seen, the unwillingness to change something that's not working is astounding, Sticking with zonal for set plays is not working and that hopeless 4-2-3-1 formation coupled with exactly the same tactics and substitutions every game makes us the easiest team in the league to play against. Mosh may just admit he was wrong with this one, punt Silva and start again.

Why is he still here... ffs

Because we're equally as poorly run (including Brands) off the pitch as we are on it, mate.

He should have been out of the door yesterday. We have two weeks to make a change and get the right man in.

100% guaranteed he'll still be here by West Ham, if just to save face. And you know what, I hope he turns it around in the likelihood he is here. Of course we all mostly do. But it won't last.

Silva should be gone. Brands should be given a boot up the arse too. It's not good enough.

Just cos there hasn’t been an announcement yet, doesn’t mean he’s staying, doesn’t mean he’s going either. Could be later today, could be tomorrow, Weds, Thurs, Fri, Next Weekend. Watford weren’t looking like sacking Gracia going into the last break then boom middle of the week Gracia goes and Flores comes in
I don't think he would be sacked without somebody ready to step in, it could look like an even bigger mess otherwise.

However, I do have the feeling this may rumble on for a few weeks yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.