2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. he’s dropped our most attacking partnership in Bernard and Digne, literally culled them
  2. He’s persisted with Morgan Schniderlein in games when he’s not needed
  3. His tactical substitutes are 99% of times are:
    a) replace DCL for Kean or vice versa
    b) replace Richarlison for Walcott
    c) Replace Bernard for Iwobi or vice versa
  4. He persists with playing Gylfi Siggurdsson, a man who does not influence anything, may as well play with 10 men
  5. He has not identified the huge 30 yard gap between midfield and attack
  6. Every attack we have comes from the wing, everyone
  7. There’s no pace in our counter attacks or willingness to get players beyond and into pockets of space, players seem to play in a designated box
  8. We rarely create clear cut chances
  9. We look like we’ll concede off every set piece
  10. Every member of this forum can pick his starting 11, formation and tactics a good week before the game - and 99/100 times Weill correct
  11. He has no motivation from the touch line, just stands there looking lost. He inspires nothing
There’s no defending him as a manager, I’ll guarantee West Ham will be the same setup as Burnley. Maybe with Gomes in

Summed up well.

I'm defending him, but dont confuse that with satisfaction with him. I know what his failings are; I also know that its just a part of the picture and there are mitigating circumstances.

I know there's mitigating circumstances but in this instance he has done nothing to attempt to change our form mate.

That's where the problem lies.

If he was at least trying things, that'd be one thing. But he's done nothing.

I don't really doubt he'll be here by the time the West Ham game runs around. I also reckon we'll be much better with Gomes and Delph in midfield in that match. But even if we win, he's given me no confidence moving forward to deal with the mitigating circumstances which, at the end of the day, is his job.

He is tactically woeful. Yes, if he has a week to set up a side he can get it right. But any sort of reaction in-game? Forget about it. Any sort of proactive change? Nothing.

I defended him last season and early this season and still I want him to do well. But he's showing nothing.

I agree mate.

Silvas record before coming to Everton was nothing spectacular, certainly nothing to warrant him becoming our manager and I didn’t want him then and I certainly don’t want him now. He shares the same record with us and he did with Hull and Watford prior to his dismissals, he’s now lost more games than he’s won. He’s proved his consistently not good enough to be a premier league manager.
We have to stop talking about Silva's record at Hull. They were 20th, I think, and a basket case. He didn't keep them up, but he gave it a good shot.

I would like to see him change his one up front formation, and I have this mental picture of Richarlison and Kean up front together and players behind
them feeding in low through balls to them. Not hope for the best high crosses from out wide.

Sack him. NOW.

We have 2 weeks to get a replacement.

If not we can kiss goodbye to this season.

Won't go down under Silva. But the top ten is probably the best to hope for.

We have to stop talking about Silva's record at Hull. They were 20th, I think, and a basket case. He didn't keep them up, but he gave it a good shot.

I would like to see him change his one up front formation, and I have this mental picture of Richarlison and Kean up front together and players behind
them feeding in low through balls to them. Not hope for the best high crosses from out wide.
Fact is though, he'd done the hard bit and got them just clear with 19 pts from 15 games. In this period he'd never lost two games on the bounce. But then he goes and loses the last 3.

It's every beat of Martinez down to Dave taking on all comers in defence. Sooner the better Portugal come looking and he can rub it in our face when they get to the quarters or something.

It's obvious (and has been for a while now) that he's got no real game plan. Very out of his depth. Really needs to go now so we can get someone experienced at the level we want to be at, and preferably in this country.

This zonal marking does my head in. I know others do it but we haven’t got close to mastering it. There is having faith in a system then there is damn stubbornness and refusal to adapt (same goes with formations), either the zonal marking doesn’t work well once other teams work your setup out and yesterday was a classic of that which was a well thought out set piece. Or the players cannot implement the plan or the coaches aren’t getting their point across. I don’t know which it is but it costs us goals and we need to stop it. Our last few managers have been like this refusal to change and be flexible I hear the “have faith give it time” I am one of them but doesn’t mean you carnt adapt and be flexible along the way other teams have us sussed and have game plans that work against us.
It can work if you have a keeper who commands his six yard box.Saturdays goal was clearly seen coming but players didn't react because they have no confidence in ours.

Won't go down under Silva. But the top ten is probably the best to hope for.

I wish i had your optimism, we have played some of the easier matches and been diabolical. Not scoring goals and conceding them at will especially from set piece routines. Silva is so stubborn he will not change his ways, everyone can see zonal marking is dire but he will not change it and his substitutions are absolutely awful, but the main fact for me is if we fall a goal behind we are well and truly stumped as he has not got a clue what to do about it. We have got a lot harder matches coming up and if by any chance he is still at the helm we could be in real trouble come the turn of next year.

I know there's mitigating circumstances but in this instance he has done nothing to attempt to change our form mate.

That's where the problem lies.

If he was at least trying things, that'd be one thing. But he's done nothing.

I don't really doubt he'll be here by the time the West Ham game runs around. I also reckon we'll be much better with Gomes and Delph in midfield in that match. But even if we win, he's given me no confidence moving forward to deal with the mitigating circumstances which, at the end of the day, is his job.

He is tactically woeful. Yes, if he has a week to set up a side he can get it right. But any sort of reaction in-game? Forget about it. Any sort of proactive change? Nothing.

I defended him last season and early this season and still I want him to do well. But he's showing nothing.
He appears to be an arm around the shoulder character and tell the player he's phenominal enough (and we know of old that didn't work) and his form will improve.There are players in our current squad who obviously need a rocket,dropping or both.Nice guys always come second.

Newcastle have played Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool/Leicester/United - 8 points.
Everton - Palace/Bournemouth/Villa/Burnley/Sheff United/ - 7 points.
Unacceptable, He's done.

This is the most damning evidence. Newcastle, with a managerial appointment that was laughed at by many, are performing better against better opposition. This shows how mediocre and poor we are under Silva.

But regression to the mean suggests the manager isn't the issue. If you can never sustain the improvement for more than one season, you're not really improving.

This isn’t really the point we were discussing though is it? We were looking for where the blame may lie, hence my response.

Martinez went backwards on the pitch after Moyes defence broke up and he had to implement his own strategy,

Koeman lost the plot and had really bad luck with his purchases and the Rooney / Klaassen/ Sandro purchases were all grim.

Again, all different reasons, so to start questioning the board about that is a little harsh IMO. They have to put some kind of trust in their decisions that they are appointing the right people.

Status
Not open for further replies.