2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect mate we arent really even in the same league as former Premier League, Champions league winners Chelsea.
No we aren't, but given they are a club who routinely sack managers on a whim and still attract the biggest names despite that, the point still stands.

Top managers take that job despite the lack of job security because they have boss players to manage. Same as real Madrid , they know they may get sacked after a year if they don't win absolutely everything but managing the players is the lure.

So for a manager who isn't top tier , taking some boss young attacking footballers, Brazilian internationals , decent squad players with pedigree , is the dream. Especially knowing that if you get it right you have turned that team into something boss from nothing.

We aren't Chelsea but we aren't west ham either. We have so much potential but we throw it away every year with crap managers who can't punch above their weight.

No we aren't, but given they are a club who routinely sack managers on a whim and still attract the biggest names despite that, the point still stands.

Top managers take that job despite the lack of job security because they have boss players to manage. Same as real Madrid , they know they may get sacked after a year if they don't win absolutely everything but managing the players is the lure.

So for a manager who isn't top tier , taking some boss young attacking footballers, Brazilian internationals , decent squad players with pedigree , is the dream. Especially knowing that if you get it right you have turned that team into something boss from nothing.

We aren't Chelsea but we aren't west ham either. We have so much potential but we throw it away every year with crap managers who can't punch above their weight.

And as I keep saying mate, its chicken and egg, we wont get a good manager till we improve our standing, make Europe regularly, win a trophy and we wont do any of that without a good manager.

It makes me so angry when people say we dont want Europa, as if its not a way of attracting good managers and players.

Good managers will come because we have an owner who will back them. When we we get the right manager who knows the game we will get the right players to improve us.

And as I keep saying mate, its chicken and egg, we wont get a good manager till we improve our standing, make Europe regularly, win a trophy and we wont do any of that without a good manager.

It makes me so angry when people say we dont want Europa, as if its not a way of attracting good managers and players.
I agree. European football is always going to lure better players here. Always made me laugh when posters on here say we can do without it. We really can't, we need it and it's the one thing Moyes did deliver, sadly without an actual transfer fund to make the most of it.

Biggest missed opportunity was after Moyes left. We could have easily got Emery , tuchel and other names we would dream of now.

Good managers will come because we have an owner who will back them. When we we get the right manager who knows the game we will get the right players to improve us.

They would need serious money though. If you wanted a manager to break the top 6 on a consistent basis then I think you're looking at £200m net spend and that's if they buy well.

With an injured player?

Dave, he has options.

If we're gonna stick with 4-2-3-1 and Gylfi in the middle, stop the nonsense with two holding players and directing all of our play down the flanks.

The injuries haven't helped but they are in no way the cause of our form. It is all on Silva for his crap tactics, crap selections and crap subs.

Didn't Moshiri say that last season wasn't good enough awhile back in his speech about us not being a museum etc? If he believes that then he has to show it and get rid. RELEGATION ZONE after playing NOBODY. Disgusting

Dave, he has options.

If we're gonna stick with 4-2-3-1 and Gylfi in the middle, stop the nonsense with two holding players and directing all of our play down the flanks.

The injuries haven't helped but they are in no way the cause of our form. It is all on Silva for his crap tactics, crap selections and crap subs.
I'm defending him, but dont confuse that with satisfaction with him. I know what his failings are; I also know that its just a part of the picture and there are mitigating circumstances.

We should have annual managers.

I think that was one of the original Chartist demands:

• universal suffrage
  • annual parliaments
  • annual football managers

If they werent all sh..... rubbish we wouldnt have to sack them. I`m not sure Everton have ever sacked a successful manager for the sake of it. If I was rubbish at my job I`d get sacked, probably the same with everyone else on here.

They would need serious money though. If you wanted a manager to break the top 6 on a consistent basis then I think you're looking at £200m net spend and that's if they buy well.
Maybe but it must be better than what we have seen for the the last few seasons we must have spent more and we are in the relegation zone. We do have some good players that the so called top 6 would like. Surely we need to find a manager that recognises the good players that we have and adds to them but not neccisaraly by spending hundreds of millions. A good manager should be able to recognise talent before the value goes up. So paying the manager top wages can work and getting players at an early stage would be worth0 the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.