2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two weeks for Silva to try and fix what is going on. That, plus Gomes being back, will hopefully be enough for the win against West Ham.

That is a hard match for us now though.
I’m not sure Gomes is as good as he’s hyped up to be.
Is it still just the one goal he’s scored? I thought creative midfielders bang a good few in each season.
in his defence I think he lacks motivation from the Manager.

It's trite. The manager cant simply 'get on' with it. This is the result now when we have the system of just 'getting on' with it.
  1. he’s dropped our most attacking partnership in Bernard and Digne, literally culled them
  2. He’s persisted with Morgan Schniderlein in games when he’s not needed
  3. His tactical substitutes are 99% of times are:
    a) replace DCL for Kean or vice versa
    b) replace Richarlison for Walcott
    c) Replace Bernard for Iwobi or vice versa
  4. He persists with playing Gylfi Siggurdsson, a man who does not influence anything, may as well play with 10 men
  5. He has not identified the huge 30 yard gap between midfield and attack
  6. Every attack we have comes from the wing, everyone
  7. There’s no pace in our counter attacks or willingness to get players beyond and into pockets of space, players seem to play in a designated box
  8. We rarely create clear cut chances
  9. We look like we’ll concede off every set piece
  10. Every member of this forum can pick his starting 11, formation and tactics a good week before the game - and 99/100 times Weill correct
  11. He has no motivation from the touch line, just stands there looking lost. He inspires nothing
There’s no defending him as a manager, I’ll guarantee West Ham will be the same setup as Burnley. Maybe with Gomes in

Just want 4-4-2 get us two strikers on the pitch actually get the fans fired up instead of the same formation over and over again is just frustrating.

Koeman improved us from where we were for a season.

Martinez has an outstanding first season.

They both went pear shaped for completely different reasons.

It’s fine to look for the common denominator in everything, but as the above proves it’s not quite that black or white it seems.
But regression to the mean suggests the manager isn't the issue. If you can never sustain the improvement for more than one season, you're not really improving.

We all ready for the same team again after the international break, just depressing

Perfect time to get shot of him during the break.
He's convinced his tactics are right. He's stubborn and changes nothing and his tactics have got us sitting in the relegation zone. I see nothing changing about him.
West ham i cant call.
Brighton i can write the script. Lots of possession. Powder puff attack they will soak up. First corner or set piece to brighton. 1-0 brighton.
Fraud.

It’s a crazy world man.

He must intentionally tell them all to go out and put in half arsed performances and tell Silva to play 4-2-3-1. I am personally holding him responsible for playing with two defensive midfielders at home to champions league hopefuls Sheffield United at home.

Joking aside, Moshiri has to take some responsibility in all this as Silva was his appointment.
Yes, Silva was his appointment, according to the media and I've no reason to doubt it, but there's a lot of luck in picking a manager who'll be
a success. I mean, how many managers are ripping it up? Pochetino (spell) had his pick from Man Utd and Real Madrid six months ago. Look at him now.

Can everyone remember how excited they were when Silva came in and how it felt like a real coup?

Nah me neither.

He’s going to be forgotten very quickly when he goes.

An absolute “nothing” of a football manager with a dreadful record in English football.

Never employ a manager with poor records. I hope we will finally learn.

Can everyone remember how excited they were when Silva came in and how it felt like a real coup?

Nah me neither.

He’s going to be forgotten very quickly when he goes.

An absolute “nothing” of a football manager with a dreadful record in English football.
Remember feeling massively underwhelmed, nothing's changed in the past 18 months to change that.

1. he’s dropped our most attacking partnership in Bernard and Digne, literally culled them
  2. He’s persisted with Morgan Schniderlein in games when he’s not needed
  3. His tactical substitutes are 99% of times are:
    a) replace DCL for Kean or vice versa
    b) replace Richarlison for Walcott
    c) Replace Bernard for Iwobi or vice versa
  4. He persists with playing Gylfi Siggurdsson, a man who does not influence anything, may as well play with 10 men
  5. He has not identified the huge 30 yard gap between midfield and attack
  6. Every attack we have comes from the wing, everyone
  7. There’s no pace in our counter attacks or willingness to get players beyond and into pockets of space, players seem to play in a designated box
  8. We rarely create clear cut chances
  9. We look like we’ll concede off every set piece
  10. Every member of this forum can pick his starting 11, formation and tactics a good week before the game - and 99/100 times Weill correct
  11. He has no motivation from the touch line, just stands there looking lost. He inspires nothing
There’s no defending him as a manager, I’ll guarantee West Ham will be the same setup as Burnley. Maybe with Gomes in
Some very salient observations, fancy being the next blues manager?

Yes, Silva was his appointment, according to the media and I've no reason to doubt it, but there's a lot of luck in picking a manager who'll be
a success. I mean, how many managers are ripping it up? Pochetino (spell) had his pick from Man Utd and Real Madrid six months ago. Look at him now.

I agree mate.

Silvas record before coming to Everton was nothing spectacular, certainly nothing to warrant him becoming our manager and I didn’t want him then and I certainly don’t want him now. He shares the same record with us and he did with Hull and Watford prior to his dismissals, he’s now lost more games than he’s won. He’s proved his consistently not good enough to be a premier league manager.

With Fat Sam you knew what you were getting, boring aimless togger that was all about keeping it tight and if you were lucky you’d score.

it’s why the majority didn’t want him, it was horrendous on the eyes and he delivered on his past experiences. Horrible horrible football

fast forward 18 months and I’m watching the same football, it’s mind boggling. A team of skilful, technically creative, flair, international players are being sent into a football pitch with no plan apart from “try not to concede”

I think he will be gone sometime today. Just cannot see even Everton allowing this pantomime to go on any longer. Very quiet at the Everton camp include their twitter account. Hopefully they are getting ready to post a club statement saying Silva has left his post.

Their first job will probably be to take them partitions down. Make the training pitch more private and then still play the exact same way. Embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.