2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all unfounded and unsubstantiated cheap talk.

We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

All we do have an idea on is what goes on out on the pitch, because we have visible evidence to back those claims up.

The fact of the matter is, he doesn’t seem to be a very good manager, either tactically or motivational.
I don't disagree with your last line, but he's got a point I think. We had these same discussions about all of our recent managers, and yet sacking them has never led to this magical improvement in players that people seem to expect. Remember when everyone claimed Moyes was holding us back and someone a bit more positive would have us conquering the continent? Then Martinez was great but just not quite pragmatic enough, etc etc etc. At some point, you surely have to think it might not just be the managers.

This is all unfounded and unsubstantiated cheap talk.

We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

All we do have an idea on is what goes on out on the pitch, because we have visible evidence to back those claims up.

The fact of the matter is, he doesn’t seem to be a very good manager, either tactically or motivational.

100%
Saturday alone(there are many) as a prime example. Burnley sussed us out and the warning signs were there at set pieces. A bloody kid could see they had a plan to get runners round the back. A great big warning sign and alarm bells were going off.
What did we do about it. What did our super manager do about it at half time.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Or, if to give him the benefit of the doubt and he did. Then the players still made the exact same error that lead to the goal so his instructions are either ignored or hes not getting it over.
We are an opposition managers wet dream. They know exactly how we set up and defend and as long as they execute it correctly they are guarenteed success.

How can Moshiri be in anyway responsible for the poor performance of the team?

It’s a crazy world man.

He must intentionally tell them all to go out and put in half arsed performances and tell Silva to play 4-2-3-1. I am personally holding him responsible for playing with two defensive midfielders at home to champions league hopefuls Sheffield United at home.

Joking aside, Moshiri has to take some responsibility in all this as Silva was his appointment.

ac0c496cae1c3f53705c7f998e022c56.jpg

I don't disagree with your last line, but he's got a point I think. We had these same discussions about all of our recent managers, and yet sacking them has never led to this magical improvement in players that people seem to expect. Remember when everyone claimed Moyes was holding us back and someone a bit more positive would have us conquering the continent? Then Martinez was great but just not quite pragmatic enough, etc etc etc. At some point, you surely have to think it might not just be the managers.

Koeman improved us from where we were for a season.

Martinez has an outstanding first season.

They both went pear shaped for completely different reasons.

It’s fine to look for the common denominator in everything, but as the above proves it’s not quite that black or white it seems.

wasn't koeman coming out saying the board had faith in him just before he got the chop?

I think silva deserves the sack, he was lucky to not be sacked after that spell last year and it's as good time as any to do it now with the international break

however, I think the main reason holding up the inevitable is who can we genuinely get in?

is there realistically any good managers out there that would come anywhere near us?

I can't see it

Silva for that reason alone is a lucky lucky man

Status
Not open for further replies.