2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easier as a fanbase to say it's JUST Silva. Or even just 90% Silva.

Because then the problems aren't more entrenched. Remove Silva and we can all be positive again, right?

Wrong.

The reality is, take Silva out of the equation and you've barely scratched the surface.

Brands isn't the messiah he professed to be. There doesn't appear to be a defined transfer strategy from him whatsoever, as Davek alluded to.

Mosh talks a good game but seldom follows through and the players, well they have their limitations that's clear to see.

A better manager would get more from them, but how much more? Not enough would still be the answer in my book.

I love the notion that the DOF just signs players for the sake of it and has no discussions with the manager regarding signings. Which is completely contrary to the managers comments after every signing we made this summer.

That’s another excuse for him that can be completely dismissed.

Next.
Final say is Brands'. As he reminds us (when he's available between photo-shoots) he has the task of finding a method and style for Everton.

HE is the ultimate arbiter of what comes in and goes out. Just him.

If the world were an orderly mathematical whole, we would only be 5 points behind liverpool. Based on the statistics, we have performed worse than our performance would indicate. This gives me hope, and I am therefore willing to give Silva more time. When it comes to Brands, I think his strategy makes sense. Buy players under 25 and invest in our own academy. This will not produce success overnight, but over a longer period this will increase the likelihood of sporting and financial success.

It's easier as a fanbase to say it's JUST Silva. Or even just 90% Silva.

Because then the problems aren't more entrenched. Remove Silva and we can all be positive again, right?

Wrong.

Take Silva out of the equation and you've barely scratched the surface. Brands isn't the messiah he professed to be. There doesn't appear to be a defined transfer strategy whatsoever, as Davek alluded to. Mosh talks a good game but seldom follows through and the players, well they have their limitations that's clear to see. A better manager would get more from them, but how much more? Not enough would still be the answer in my book.

This is all unfounded and unsubstantiated cheap talk.

We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

All we do have an idea on is what goes on out on the pitch, because we have visible evidence to back those claims up.

The fact of the matter is, he doesn’t seem to be a very good manager, either tactically or motivational.

We have two weeks for Silva to try and fix what is going on. That, plus Gomes being back, will hopefully be enough for the win against West Ham.

That is a hard match for us now though.

Final say is Brands'. As he reminds us (when he's available between photo-shoots) he has the task of finding a method and style for Everton.

What difference does it make who has the final say? They both identify the targets they want. Brands goes out and does the negotiating. How does that excuse Silva in any way shape or form? Or how does is distance him from who comes in and goes? It doesn’t.

premier-league-tv-rights-revenue.jpg

Spot when things started to change.

Spurs outspent us regularly regardless of the TV money

These players are better than what they are showing though Dave and definitely better than the dross we have been beaten by recently. That means for whatever reason, Silva and his crew are not getting a tune out of them. The worrying part is Silva seems devoid of any ideas other than the one that clearly isn't working. That falls squarely on his shoulders and that is why I won't be sad to see him go.

It's trite. The manager cant simply 'get on' with it. This is the result now when we have the system of just 'getting on' with it.

It’s not Dave, the squad we have is good enough to not be sitting in the bottom 3, 5 games after we could have been 3rd and launching a bid to break the top 6 stranglehold, yes we lost a key player in Gana but why hasn’t Silva rejigged his tactics to make that less obvious and do something different? That’s the big question that should be asked of him

We have two weeks for Silva to try and fix what is going on. That, plus Gomes being back, will hopefully be enough for the win against West Ham.

That is a hard match for us now though.

Agreed. West Ham are a good side this season. They’ve played well in some games and Pellegrini is getting a tune out of them.

It was going to be a tough one before hand, but it’s going to even tougher now. Everyone will be nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.