2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's absolutely no doubt you've got a good point here and dismissing it would be so naive.

Kean is an excellent buy if you've got a 29 / 30 year old striker of quality that he can learn about the english game from and gradually replace. Having DCL there is really poor business. Not because he's never going to be good enough, I think at this point it has to be filed under "unknown", but instead due to the fact he's going through his own progression.

The conclusion is we are without a striker who can regularly score goals and take the pressure off the rest of the team. Make no mistake, the shower across the park do very little defending. City over the last few years the same. The reason for that is these sides put their opponents under sustained pressure. We actually do the same, certainly not to the same degree, but we don't have a single assassin in that front line.

For

Iwobi 28m + wages
Bernard wages
Richarlison 35m + wages
Kean 28m + wages
Walcott 20m + wages
DCL the anomoly. I'd imagine very cheap on wages.
Tosun 27m + wages

To go into the season thinking there is enough goals in that front line is really, really poor from Brands.

Throw in we now have a genuinely under performing Sig', we are bang in trouble of finishing as low as Martinez did. I don't see relegation trouble but instead an expensively assembled squad still missing the key ingredient of goals.

Of course, it doesn't help that Gbamin and Gomes have been injured.

Finally, as I'm sure you'll admin @davek , Silva is getting things wrong too.

Take Saturday. Burnley 9/10 go 4-4-2. The primary reason we pumped them last season was our excellent 3-5-2 system. With 3CBs to deal with their direct balls into the front two, it allowed us to flood the midfield and completely dominant the game.

Holgate should have come in and we should have replicated that exact system. Instead, it's 4-2-3-1 and whilst yes we had a few chances, there wasn't anyway near the domination of the ball not the creativity from having so many in midfield.

I think he's headed for the exit. He seems to have stopped doing the things he was doing last season. There's no fluidity. It's just the same every week, pushing the agenda and waiting for it to work. It's very Bobby-like. And not in a good way.
Yeah, Silva IS getting it wrong. There's no question he's lost the plot for now.

However, and as your post there underlines, there has been no attempt to blend a team from Brands. The attack in particular is so lacking in coherency and variation it's like they were assembled by an infant. There's no co-ordination in these purchases.

As I say all the time: the dual control over the football decision making does not work. The manager cant fathom what he's supposed to do with players he probably didn't want.

yes, we were awful apart from a run of home form at the back end. Embarrassed in 2 cup competitions, utterly embarrassed by spurs at home

clueless cart horse

he’s on par with Mike Walker, so far out of his depth it’s scary to watch and think were this can end up

It’s all Brands fault in his mind, oh and Mosh’s.

All of the above is totally irrelevant when you have an agenda to fill.

In what world is this classified has a good manager

827B42D5-EF12-4422-9986-CB2F2C0588B3.jpeg

Dave - Marco is an awful manager with a ridiculously poor record overall in the Premier League so he has to go sooner rather than later. Marcel Brands didn't pick him so I'd say let's get a manager in who Brands rates rather than have a third-rate failure like Silva to work with.

Brands was appointed over 2 weeks before Silva was and was probably approached long before. He 100% had a say in that appointment.

I love the notion that the DOF just signs players for the sake of it and has no discussions with the manager regarding signings. Which is completely contrary to the managers comments after every signing we made this summer.

That’s another excuse for him that can be completely dismissed.

Next.

It’s all Brands fault in his mind, oh and Mosh’s.

All of the above is totally irrelevant when you have an agenda to fill.
@davek literally just said Marco has lost the plot currently.

Noone can hide from the fact it's a collective but there's nothing wrong with thinking one issue is more important than the other

I love the notion that the DOF just signs players for the sake of it and has no discussions with the manager regarding signings. Which is completely contrary to the managers comments after every signing we made this summer.

That’s another excuse for him that can be completely dismissed.

Next.

Exactly.

Silva was quoted in May as saying he and Brands had identified “their” targets for the window.

All Brands fault though :dodgy:

Or is it Moshiri’s? I can’t keep up with the hysteria anymore.

Silva will tell brands who he wants
Harry rednapp is scathing about Silva and is right. He can't set up a defence at corners and set pieces. One man up front no good. But he's not worried.

Would you rather have Unsworth in charge for that and longer while we are scrambling for a replacement like 2 years ago or have this window to find and interview candidates ready to step in when we lose to West Ham in 2 weeks
You might be on to something here. I thought he might go today (as each minute passes it becomes increasingly unlikely).
The RS did a similar thing with Rodgers. They drew with us in the Derby, and he was still sacked as they had Klopp lined up already.
So best case, we beat West Ham and he still goes. Worst case, we lose to West Ham and he goes anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.