2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we're equally as poorly run (including Brands) off the pitch as we are on it, mate.

He should have been out of the door yesterday. We have two weeks to make a change and get the right man in.

100% guaranteed he'll still be here by West Ham, if just to save face. And you know what, I hope he turns it around in the likelihood he is here. Of course we all mostly do. But it won't last.

Silva should be gone. Brands should be given a boot up the arse too. It's not good enough.

It's embarrassing though. I'm embarrassed to be an Everton fan at the moment.

If he isnt gone by the end of today then we all know the club have zero ambition other than to simply stay up until the stadium arrives and they bugger off with their 3 pieces of silver.

Disgraceful he is still here its clear as day he isnt the right man to take us forward why must we drag everything on.

Not one proactive person on our board.

Why Brands, we were all buzzing with the players we signed, A kick up the arse for not getting in a CB maybe but i think Brands has done a good job.
But we're not managers/scouts/directors of football are we? We're always buzzing when we sign new players, especially fancy expensive foreign ones that we don't know a lot about. It doesn't mean they're any good. Unfortunately the more we play the more it looks like we messed up in the summer. I didn't think it had been great at the time, but it actually looks worse than I feared.

He dictates:

1/ the type of player they look for
2/ the style of football he wants played with them
3/ who to get shut of and whether they'll be replaced or not

That's what Silva works under.

Marco Silva picks the team. I am 100% confident that they will both, with the scouts who have been sent out to watch these players, will have agreed on a type of player they see fitting into the system he (Silva) prefers. They will both agree to a list of players and Marco will notify him of which players he wants to fit into HIS team into HIS formation and HIS style and then Brands will work his way through the list. I am 100% confident that is the way things will be done.

Not under some dictatorship where Brands does everything for himself.

If that’s the case you’ll be telling us he picks the starting eleven and dictates what subs we use in every match.

You're spot on re: Gueye but to answer the question "what are we going to do about it" - the answer has to be plan effectively and ensure an adequate replacement is lined up.

We are talking about a player who is proving for PSG that he's top quality. He was so underrated by us. By chance I watched the whole game vs Real Madrid and he was actually the best player on the pitch. Not bad given the company he had.

Gbamin is in theory a great replacement if the potential is realised. But it's too early and unfair on him to be expected to come in and fill the void immediately.

It's the same with Kean. An excellent signing but can he be expected to come in a produce immediately? At 19? Doesn't speak the language fantastically?

Throw in that we didn't replace Zouma (Mina has been excellent overall this season but without competition Keane seems to be stuttering form-wise) and you've got a distinct lack of planning and execution.

Yes you will hope to get target A in each of these positions but worryingly:

Kean and Gbamin seem to be replacements for Lukaku (belatedly) and Gueye. It's a huge step backwards / stagnation.

Zouma was the first choice to come in permanently but to not sign anyone is so poor. Yes Chelsea might have led us on, yes there might be more to it behind the scenes (and I suspect there is) but to rip the centre of the defensive spine of the team out and STILL not replace Lukaku is crippling us. And make no mistake, this is Brands' fault.
Perfectly summarised I think.

Tactically spot on when he's played elite teams last season. It's nonsense to suggest he cant get the tactics right when allowed to work for a long time with players...as he underlined last season.

Of course, the fans will get him out, because they think by getting shut of enough managers we'll solve this mess. We wont. The mess is off the pitch in the boardroom and now in the role above the manager at DoF.

12 points from 36 on offer, with a -1 GD and a 6-2 home defeat to boot

So 33% return

The same as his overall win rate in the PL

Marco Silva picks the team. I am 100% confident that they will both, with the scouts who have been sent out to watch these players, will have agreed on a type of player they see fitting into the system he (Silva) prefers. They will both agree to a list of players and Marco will notify him of which players he wants to fit into HIS team into HIS formation and HIS style and then Brands will work his way through the list. I am 100% confident that is the way things will be done.

Not under some dictatorship where Brands does everything for himself.

If that’s the case you’ll be telling us he picks the starting eleven and dictates what subs we use in every match.
It;s a mess though isn't it?

I mean, this is the first time really we're into the DoF system as Walsh was continually overridden by Koemageddon.

What a ridiculous way to run this club. We need a manager making all the decisions. No other Everton manager would have stood for it.

You're spot on re: Gueye but to answer the question "what are we going to do about it" - the answer has to be plan effectively and ensure an adequate replacement is lined up.

We are talking about a player who is proving for PSG that he's top quality. He was so underrated by us. By chance I watched the whole game vs Real Madrid and he was actually the best player on the pitch. Not bad given the company he had.

Gbamin is in theory a great replacement if the potential is realised. But it's too early and unfair on him to be expected to come in and fill the void immediately.

It's the same with Kean. An excellent signing but can he be expected to come in a produce immediately? At 19? Doesn't speak the language fantastically?

Throw in that we didn't replace Zouma (Mina has been excellent overall this season but without competition Keane seems to be stuttering form-wise) and you've got a distinct lack of planning and execution.

Yes you will hope to get target A in each of these positions but worryingly:

Kean and Gbamin seem to be replacements for Lukaku (belatedly) and Gueye. It's a huge step backwards / stagnation.

Zouma was the first choice to come in permanently but to not sign anyone is so poor. Yes Chelsea might have led us on, yes there might be more to it behind the scenes (and I suspect there is) but to rip the centre of the defensive spine of the team out and STILL not replace Lukaku is crippling us. And make no mistake, this is Brands' fault.

I think Gbamin will come good, and an 8 week layoff after only 2 appearances is simply rotten luck (and I don't think he's been at Everton long enough to lay the blame on our coaching). I keep thinking that Silva simply must see something in Schneiderlin that we simply don't because I can't understand why he doesn't at least try to play Delph in position and pair him up with Davies.

The position we were in at the end of last season, I'm not convinced you could go out and sign a like for like replacement for Gueye and still address anything else in the squad, given the funds available. Kean I think is an excellent signing, for next season. However, I think any striker would struggle up front on their own for us at the moment as the gap between midfield and attack is so big and Gilfi has been playing rubbish.

The lack of a CB for me is a real worry. I agree with you there.

It;s a mess though isn't it?

I mean, this is the first time really we're into the DoF system as Walsh was continually overridden by Koemageddon.

What a ridiculous way to run this club. We need a manager making all the decisions. No other Everton manager would have stood for it.

Those days are gone, I'm afraid. You're relying on one man to have the time and energy to identify and keep tabs on a database of players, negotiate with their agents, liaise with the board, balance the books, coach the team, pick the side, choose the tactics, drill the tactics, oversee development/improvement of existing talent and manage the touchline stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.