Homepage Update: Koeman Not Confident On Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but this all is genuinely ridiculous.

The player has done nothing wrong whatsoever here, absolutely nothing. He's under contract, he shouldn't be given ultimatums in public when he is maintaining his silence and getting on with his job.

Koeman is trying to villify the player and, sadly, it's working. Yes, he may go, but he is acting incredibly professionally. Not one utterance from the player or his agent, no bad words, no destabilising the club, nothing. This whole situation has got out of hand due to one person only - Ronald Koeman.

Even if his agent has been having meetings with Tottenham or other clubs for the past few weeks/months trying to usher a move? I think Koeman is doing the right thing, there's obviously something about the situation irking Koeman for one reason or another and this is his way of communicating it publicly.

Average player who wants out. Not the end of the world. I look forward to him festering on the spurs bench next season with his mates moussa and Vincent.

Koeman is only answering a question posed to him. He clearly has not vilified the player.

But it's unacceptable from Barkley and his agent not to answer the question. A homegrown player should at least have the decency, and the balls to admit he wants to go. This is Ross' fault, and although he's taken some terrible advice, he's 23 and can make his own decisions.

Ross should've signed a new contract ages ago even if he had no intentions of staying. Having only 1 year left has weakened our position for bargaining. Call yourself an Evertonian?

Even if his agent has been having meetings with Tottenham or other clubs for the past few weeks/months trying to usher a move? I think Koeman is doing the right thing, there's obviously something about the situation irking Koeman for one reason or another and this is his way of communicating it publicly.

Just ask yourself this one very simple thing - if Koeman had stayed quiet, couldn't we have just sold Ross quickly if he rejected the contract behind the scenes by a private deadline and explained to the fans why we did at that point? You know, instead of publicly villifying a player to the fans, where ever if he signs now he'll be perceived as doing so begrudgingly despite saying or doing absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever.

Why doesn't he want to sign? He's not comfortable here anymore with the role he's been given and the hassle he's getting off manager and media.

If this summer pans out like we think it will we'll have lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku in 12 months.

That's 'kin shocking. Dont try and spin that as anything other than a worrying development for the club.

He doesn't want to sign because he thinks he's better than he is and wants more money.

He doesn't like getting told when he's playing badly, he wants some weak manager to pamper his hurt ego and have the media tell him how he should be in the England team cos he's such an amazing player.

If Ross can't handle being told he needs to perform at a higher level we're better off without him. I don't see how you can try blaming the manager when Ross just needs to man up, take constructive criticism and learn from it.

Rather than constantly find fault with a manager you don't like why don't you propose how you would have managed to have kept Stones, Barkley and Lukaku, because you seem to think you're this genius who has all the answers to the clubs problems?

Easy for you to critisize when you don't have any solution.

As i said in the other thread, there's nothing to stop him seeing out his contract

True.

We can't make him sign if he's been told by his agent and\or another club to run out his contract. Maybe that's why Koeman said he didn't know, as he's unsure of Ross's intentions.

Just ask yourself this one very simple thing - if Koeman had stayed quiet, couldn't we have just sold Ross quickly if he rejected the contract behind the scenes by a private deadline and explained to the fans why we did at that point? You know, instead of publicly villifying a player to the fans, where ever if he signs now he'll be perceived as doing so begrudgingly despite saying or doing absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever.

There's a few points here

Firstly, Koeman is blunt and generally open. It can rub people up the wrong way, but it's very typical of him to have taken this approach

Secondly, having it in the public domain may have pressured Ross into signing. It may not, but it was a tactic worth trying

Thirdly, if he doesn't want to stay, it wouldn't matter what the manager did as far as keeping it private was concerned, he'd have been vilified anyway

I'm sorry, but this all is genuinely ridiculous.

The player has done nothing wrong whatsoever here, absolutely nothing. He's under contract, he shouldn't be given ultimatums in public when he is maintaining his silence and getting on with his job.

Koeman is trying to villify the player and, sadly, it's working. Yes, he may go, but he is acting incredibly professionally. Not one utterance from the player or his agent, no bad words, no destabilising the club, nothing. This whole situation has got out of hand due to one person only - Ronald Koeman.

Do you not think an answer occurs or no on a new contract would have been good mate?

You reckon not a single journalist hasn't been given a story by his agent?

Not sure I understand where you're coming from, don't think Koeman has done much wrong. If I was a manager and was aware that one of my players, who we've offered a large contract to and are currently paying tens of thousands per week to, was asking his agent to talk to other clubs to see if he could get a transfer - i'd be a little irked too. Clearly in his mind this is a tactic to get Ross to sign the contract. We as fans like transparency from the club on what's going on, this is about as crystal clear as it gets.

I find a lot wrong with a homegrown player letting us down. If he asks to leave he's been extremely ungrateful. Cowardly not to have the guts to admit it tho. Mental weakness again from Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.