Please login to remove this advert.

Homepage Update: Koeman Not Confident On Barkley

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by GrandOldTeam, May 19, 2017.

1. GrandOldTeam

GrandOldTeam Moderator Staff Member

GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Koeman Not Confident On Barkley
    [​IMG]

Ronald Koeman is not confident Ross Barkley will sign a new contract.

When asked for an update on Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku, Koeman answered "I don't know"

Prompted about the ultimatum he gave to Ross to sign before the end of the season, Koeman replied: "But it's after the game [Arsenal]. On Monday. Then we'll know it"

When asked how important it was to keep Barkley, Koeman answered: "If you offer a player a contract. A good contract. That means that you like to keep the player. I don't need to explain more. If we don't want the player to stay longer, then we don't offer him a new contract"

Koeman was then asked if he feels confident Barkley will stay at Everton, he bluntly answered "No. No because it's a long time that he is thinking about his future. I'm not worried because I like to work with players who like to stay. It's not about his decision, we will go on looking for players in that position and even when he stays, there's more competition for him next season"[​IMG]

On being asked "Is your patience running out with Ross?", Koeman said: "I spoke to the player, the board spoke to the player and his agent. We will see what the answer will be.

"We need an answer after the weekend, I don't know what will happen if he doesn't give any answer. I don't know.

2. GwladysPhil

GwladysPhil Player Valuation: £500k

Shame. Wish the lad all the best.

Now let's see if the club will replace him with quality.

Aar_the_Toffees likes this.
  3. I've not been confident on Barkley for about 2 and a half seasons.

4. tommye

tommye FrandOldTeam's No1 ITK(retired) Forum Supporter

See ye Roscoe.

You could've been somebody...

5. hktoffee

hktoffee Player Valuation: £500k

Ok let's put him on the bench.

6. dublinbluenose

dublinbluenose Player Valuation: £500k Forum Supporter

With the angels now

• I like the way Koeman is a straight talker, take no crap manager, would be interesting how he would be if Barca came a knocking.

Ollie d and Aar_the_Toffees like this.
  7. bluestevon

bluestevon Player Valuation: £750k

He'd leave instantly mate

ToffeeHibs, zirc, gmb and 11 others like this.
  8. Moomin

Moomin Player Valuation: £950k

@CJR think you need to inform Ronko that he has signed mate.

9. InchySuperSub

InchySuperSub Player Valuation: £25k

Hate to see him go, but two words...

Francis. Jeffers.

Noble Savage and whiteshadow like this.
  10. PickeringBlue

PickeringBlue Player Valuation: £100k

Its a shame really as it would seem for his career it would be best to stay at Everton at least for a couple more years. He's a good player, but not world class. Hard to see him getting as many games at any English team in the Champions league and with the fight for places getting more competitive there is no guarantee of champions league year in and out at any club really. Really seems like he wants out...my impression is that he doesn't like Koeman's tough love approach. This doesn't bode well for his career in general.

11. Eggs

Eggs Player Valuation: £750k Forum Supporter

...but we had a thread saying him and Lukaku had signed. Not looking like they have.

12. Moomin

Moomin Player Valuation: £950k

Stick you on the bench.

Bryan and Sapie88 like this.
  13. msb

msb Player Valuation: £500k Forum Supporter

I can only think he knows someone from top 6 is after him, cough, cough Team Tap-up (aka England).

Good luck to him as he moves, another career ruined by a move from a club that lauded him and suited him. cf Rodwell etc.

BlueInNZ and Tree13 like this.
  14. Barca Blue

Barca Blue Player Valuation: £500k

What will we get for him as he's only got one year left on his contract.
    Shame to see him go but he's thick as [Poor language removed] and won't get any better .