Homepage Update: Koeman Not Confident On Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't he want to sign? He's not comfortable here anymore with the role he's been given and the hassle he's getting off manager and media.

If this summer pans out like we think it will we'll have lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku in 12 months.

That's 'kin shocking. Dont try and spin that as anything other than a worrying development for the club.

..I don't think it's worrying at all. We want to get into a position where our best players want to stay but we're some way off that at the moment. These lads are in global demand, regardless of who you want to blame I don't think it's anybody's fault.

Why doesn't he want to sign? He's not comfortable here anymore with the role he's been given and the hassle he's getting off manager and media.

If this summer pans out like we think it will we'll have lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku in 12 months.

That's 'kin shocking. Dont try and spin that as anything other than a worrying development for the club.

If they aren't replaced I'd agree. Moshiri said when he first came in something along the lines of "you always need 3 stars in your team". Back then it was Stones, Rom and Barkley. He needs to move this summer on getting us back to 3 top level players if those two leave. I like Schneiderlin but he can't be considered an elite player like Moshiri was referring to even though he's a step up from what we had.

Big summer ahead.

Having said all that I still think Barkley is a massive thumb for not signing.

You can only imagine if Ross hasn't answered by the deadline, the contract offer will be rescinded, and the player will be sold, or made to see out his contract on his current wage.
Otherwise the ultimatum was just a pressure tactic to force Ross/the agents hand.

He's the one setting the ultimatum. Are you saying he's a mere errand boy? If so, how does that stack up against the 'strong manager' theory?

What really happened: this manager attended a press conference a few weeks back and played to the gallery (again) looking to show he's top dog at the club. Hands a date for RB to sign on or he's out....two weeks later and now he admits he hasn't got a 'kin clue how that process can be rolled out.

Dave he has stated multiple times he will be sold if he doesn't sign, you think it's acceptable for Barkley to just delay and delay all the way through the summer, and ultimately face us with the prospect he does what McManaman did to those let across the park?

He's not mystic meg is he mate, hows he supposed to say what date he will be sold on? He's stated he signs or he leaves, the rest is just for people like you to nitpick over

He's the one setting the ultimatum. Are you saying he's a mere errand boy? If so, how does that stack up against the 'strong manager' theory?

What really happened: this manager attended a press conference a few weeks back and played to the gallery (again) looking to show he's top dog at the club. Hands a date for RB to sign on or he's out....two weeks later and now he admits he hasn't got a 'kin clue how that process can be rolled out.

Quite clear isn't it? If he hasn't signed a new contract we look to sell him for the highest price and get a replacement. It's Ross that's messing about here, not the club imo.

You can only imagine if Ross hasn't answered by the deadline, the contract offer will be rescinded, and the player will be sold, or made to see out his contract on his current wage.
Otherwise the ultimatum was just a pressure tactic to force Ross/the agents hand.
That's an interesting one. Would they just transfer lists him or transfer list and rescind the offer. It would be a bold move to do the latter.

That's an interesting one. Would they just transfer lists him or transfer list and rescind the offer. It would be a bold move to do the latter.
I've honestly no idea how it all works, but I assumed the point of issuing him a deadline to make a decision, would be so the player/his agent couldn't string the club along and keep their offer as a backup incase they don't get the move.

But I could just be chatting pure wham.

Status
Not open for further replies.