Homepage Update: Koeman Not Confident On Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't he want to sign? He's not comfortable here anymore with the role he's been given and the hassle he's getting off manager and media.

If this summer pans out like we think it will we'll have lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku in 12 months.

That's 'kin shocking. Dont try and spin that as anything other than a worrying development for the club.

It's not shocking, it's disappointing. Mainly because he's a blue. Don't bracket him in the same remit as Lukaku and Stones; Lukaku never saw us as home, we were always a stepping stone for him and he admitted so in his first ever interview.

Stones had his head turned by first Chelsea and secondly the option to work under the most sort after coach in the world, nobody is turning that down especially someone who has no affiliation with Everton.

And finally, it's pure speculation that he wants to leave because of any agro or hassle from the club. For all you know it could be to much expectation, family reasons or he's been poached and made promises by other teams.

It's not a spin game, the lad as an offer from Everton Football Club, not Roland Koeman Football Club.

He's a professional footballer who takes far more stick from Evertonians than he does from the manager, trust me

RonKo has handled this situation fantastically. No player, no matter if he's a blue or not, will hold the club to ransom. If he's asking for too much, isn't arsed about staying or looking for another move then shift him on. Rather that than let him sniff around all summer, then sign because nobody else wanted him.

Excellent Ronnie, another positive sign moving forward. We've lacked that ruthlessness in the past.

"We need an answer after the weekend, I don't know what will happen if he doesn't give any answer. I don't know."

You see, that's what happens when you make a balls on the table ultimatum. Utter confusion as to how to implement it.

Amateur night stuff.

He'll be sold if he doesn't. He's already stated that before.

Too many players have played the club over the years. Good to see the club isn't letting it happen again.

Shame it has to be with Ross, but if this is the game he (or his agent wants to play) then we can't bend and break.

I'm sorry, but this all is genuinely ridiculous.

The player has done nothing wrong whatsoever here, absolutely nothing. He's under contract, he shouldn't be given ultimatums in public when he is maintaining his silence and getting on with his job.

Koeman is trying to villify the player and, sadly, it's working. Yes, he may go, but he is acting incredibly professionally. Not one utterance from the player or his agent, no bad words, no destabilising the club, nothing. This whole situation has got out of hand due to one person only - Ronald Koeman.

As i said in the other thread, there's nothing to stop him seeing out his contract

..RKs record suggests he moves players on. As Moshiri says 'he's ruthless'. Barkley would be taking a chance staying for another season, Koeman might well treat him like he treated Niasse. At this stage of his career a season in the wilderness wouldn't be good.

Koeman has shown in a year he does not mess around. See niasse. Geri and to some extent Jags as examples. Even if he does sign a contract and that is a big IF, there may be some discontent with Ross in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.