Homepage Update: Koeman Not Confident On Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has done, on numerous occasions.

Don't be an idiot and use this one interview over the 15 you've bitched about as an another excuse to have a pop. It's becoming extremely tedious

It's quite simple, Barkley for his own reasons doesn't want to sign and will be sold if he follows through

Becoming?

Quite frankly, if he doesnt want to sign here, id prefer him gone. Because if being challenged by his manager, leading to what most consider his best season bothers him to the point he doesnt want to play for his hometown club right when its looking up, thats a serious mark against character for me, and I think says something about his likelihood to persevere difficult times in the future.

Something doesn't add up, Everton's PR team have had a stinker again either way.

That marketing for the new kit is going to make them look stupid yet again

Just ask yourself this one very simple thing - if Koeman had stayed quiet, couldn't we have just sold Ross quickly if he rejected the contract behind the scenes by a private deadline and explained to the fans why we did at that point? You know, instead of publicly villifying a player to the fans, where ever if he signs now he'll be perceived as doing so begrudgingly despite saying or doing absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever.

There is also absolutely nothing wrong with a player running down his contract and leaving on a free, you in favour of us letting that happen to whoever wants mate?

Do you not think an answer occurs or no on a new contract would have been good mate?

You reckon not a single journalist hasn't been given a story by his agent?

Not at all, as he has an agent whose job it is to get the best deal for his client.

It's like saying no comment until you have a lawyer - it's common sense.

It's a job for him first, he's a fan second. I like Rolos, but if I worked in a Rolo factory, I wouldn't take a 50% pay cut simply because I like Rolos. Obviously!

..RKs record suggests he moves players on. As Moshiri says 'he's ruthless'. Barkley would be taking a chance staying for another season, Koeman might well treat him like he treated Niasse. At this stage of his career a season in the wilderness wouldn't be good.
This depends on his motivation, not likely he'll be playing for England, and he could decide to stay until January and we would take a smaller fee, Only missing 4 months .

There is also absolutely nothing wrong with a player running down his contract and leaving on a free, you in favour of us letting that happen to whoever wants mate?

No! I'm saying set a deadline as a club, like a professional entity, and then sell the asset and divulge why at that point. Not run the whole thing through one ego at press conferences!

Not at all, as he has an agent whose job it is to get the best deal for his client.

It's like saying no comment until you have a lawyer - it's common sense.

It's a job for him first, he's a fan second. I like Rolos, but if I worked in a Rolo factory, I wouldn't take a 50% pay cut simply because I like Rolos. Obviously!

In reality the agent wants what is good for the client, but ultimately what earns the agent the best fee mate, that would be moving the player on to another club

Let's see where he ends up then mate, if it's spurs then he won't be earning more than we have offered, and certainly won't be for 50% the wage.

No! I'm saying set a deadline as a club, like a professional entity, and then sell the asset and divulge why at that point. Not run the whole thing through one ego at press conferences!

Ultimately IF we tried to say why he was sold after the event mate, not a single person would believe us - it'd be we wanted to sell, sell to buy, a convenient excuse and same old Everton being rolled out as the reasons by the fans.

THIS way, it's plain and clear that if he leaves it is down to the player wanting to move clubs

Just ask yourself this one very simple thing - if Koeman had stayed quiet, couldn't we have just sold Ross quickly if he rejected the contract behind the scenes by a private deadline and explained to the fans why we did at that point? You know, instead of publicly villifying a player to the fans, where ever if he signs now he'll be perceived as doing so begrudgingly despite saying or doing absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever.

Maybe because he wants to keep him and his outing him is the last roll of the dice? If you've got nothing to lose, why not.

Ultimately IF we tried to say why he was sold after the event mate, not a single person would believe us - it'd be we wanted to sell, sell to buy, a convenient excuse and same old Everton being rolled out as the reasons by the fans.

THIS way, it's plain and clear that if he leaves it is down to the player wanting to move clubs

Agree

The usual posters would say "same old Everton". Koeman has set the stall out

Status
Not open for further replies.