Homepage Update: Koeman Not Confident On Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find a lot wrong with a homegrown player letting us down. If he asks to leave he's been extremely ungrateful. Cowardly not to have the guts to admit it tho. Mental weakness again from Ross.

Not the first time though.
Francis Jeffers
Wayne Rooney
Jack Rodwell

Those 3 all touted local lads who supposedly where Everton through and through. Will Ross Barkley fall into this group?

On the other hand:

Tim Cahill
Duncan Ferguson
David Unsworth
Seamus Coleman

4 players. 1 academy graduate who supported Man United, 1 purchased to play reserve who broke through (60grand) and 2 purchases.

All 4 of these love this club.

I think the 'boyhood blue' in regards to professionals who graduate through our system is over emphasised. They are employees. And some of them are selfish, ruthless individuals whom to them it is a job.

I still cannot imagine being offered 100k to 'play' for the club I happily give my hard earned money and emotional well being too:
And turning it down.

So I'll be serious for a moment :Blink:

Are people suggesting that Koeman is lying? Really? If this was the case - and let's face it, this has been going on for a while now - wouldn't Barkley or his agent have come out and said something? I mean, it's not like the fans weren't going to turn against him was it?

If he's been offered the contract and he hasn't signed it, that's pretty clear that he wants out. Fair enough, his choice. I think personally he's had plenty of time to ponder - the time to act is now. He should be dropped from the squad at the weekend - I mean, it's not like he's gonna be here next season anyway is it? Just deal with it rather than giving silly moving deadlines. Just say "he will be leaving" and that's an end of it. He's made his bed, now he can lie on it.

God help us finding a replacement with the absolute dross Walsh rates.

tumblr_mwqahaR91Q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif

Not the first time though.
Francis Jeffers
Wayne Rooney
Jack Rodwell

Those 3 all touted local lads who supposedly where Everton through and through. Will Ross Barkley fall into this group?

On the other hand:

Tim Cahill
Duncan Ferguson
David Unsworth
Seamus Coleman

4 players. 1 academy graduate who supported Man United, 1 purchased to play reserve who broke through (60grand) and 2 purchases.

All 4 of these love this club.

I think the 'boyhood blue' in regards to professionals who graduate through our system is over emphasised. They are employees. And some of them are selfish, ruthless individuals whom to them it is a job.

I still cannot imagine being offered 100k to 'play' for the club I happily give my hard earned money and emotional well being too:
And turning it down.

The fact that 70k + per week isn't enough for him to play for the club that gave him his break is utterly pathetic. It's really quite shameful, and shows why footballers are so out of touch.

He wont be missed.

Cant even get a game in a crap england team.

He just hasnt grown into the player we all dreamed of him being.

At least we should get some decent cash for him in the current market

The manager has handled this correctly. Ross has said nothing, not even we are negotiating a contract. He wants to be gone. Great shame but I'd keep hold of him until about a week before next season starts then take the best bid......

still entirely possible he wants to stay but the contract offer is not good enough in his eyes.

i think the key to it all will be in that detail. maybe they are calling each others bluff until one side caves or walks away.

but carry on assuming and blaming.

Something doesn't add up, Everton's PR team have had a stinker again either way.

That marketing for the new kit is going to make them look stupid yet again

...I don't think it matters. It's not like that launch will be reproduced throughout the season, it was a launch in May with all the local born players in the squad so it might have looked worst had he not been involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.